C-Sharp now with new owner!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: C-Sharp now with new owner! Reply with quote

Earlier this week C-Sharp went to its new owner and I know he will enjoy her as much as I did. Contradictory to that old worn out adage about the day you buy and sell a boat, it was very sad for me to see her drive off. But the good news is that Jim the new owner lives just the next island over so it is comforting to know I will see C-Sharp plying the local waters and attending future CBGTs. I expect Jim will become very active in the CBrats community.
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Steve. As hard as it was to let C-Sharp go, how exciting it must be as you wait for the completion of your new boat next Spring.
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling, I look back fondly at my 07 CD. More days I miss it and the freedom and experiences it brought my family. More than likely I am going to be adding another CD to the fleet.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Looks like it is just one step closer to the goal. Hang in there, and keep in mind, the game is still on and you are just finished the first half. Every now and then a bucket and a box of Kleenex may be necessary, but you will get past this, and Jim will become a friend and we do hope to see him around here. Take care my friend, and enjoy the scoots for a while.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

jim406

City/Region: Friday Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Curmudgeon
Photos: jim406
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the new owner of C-Sharp. I have only been a member of the C-Brats for 4 months.

What a wealth of information and helpfulness on this site! I lived in Montana for 40 years. Although I am familiar with paddle craft of various types, I know nothing about power boats. These forums have helped me make a dent in this deficiency. I look forward to learning much more.

So many folks have helped and guided me in my search and education. It would take a large paragraph to list all their names. My thanks to them all.

Special thanks to Steve and Joanie, the prior owners of C-Sharp. They updated this boat after their purchase and I am benefiting from their careful consideration. Their patience with a newbie made the purchase process go smoothly. Steve's willingness to teach me is invaluable. I couldn't have found a better boat for me.

I live full time on San Juan Island. I know many of you visit here. I stand ready to help in any way. If you need transport, tools, resupply, a place to pitch a tent or just someone to have a beer with get in touch.

Looking forward to this new adventure.

Jim
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Jim, and Welcome. Great to see your post here and glad you made the transition. The C-Dorys are great boats and this is great place as you are learning. We have all "Grown up" in stages/ Many of the Brats came here from Sailing, some from paddle craft or rowing, but all of us are here for our continued love for the water, be it Salt chuck, tidal rapids, coastal breakers, quiet coves, mountain lakes or rivers great or small. Some of us fish, some only fish and some of us don't. but again we have something in common, our love for the C-Dory and what it can do.

Your step into this world can, will and probably already has changed your world.

Enjoy, stick around -- many don't, but it is great when you do. It's great to have you here, and I'm pretty sure Steve will be around too. Maybe we can cross wakes one of these days, hope so.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

Congratulations on your purchase. You bought a like new boat that is well set-up for long term cruising. We have rafted with C-Sharp twice since Steve and Joanie bought it. They, like the prior owner took really good care of it. You have a safe, reliable and capable boat to enjoy for years to come.

Thanks for the offer to stop by if in the area. We may take you up on that. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: