State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dory wrote:
JamesTXSD wrote:
We don't have a "back door" in the motorhome, but this is the view out the side door...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... well, the house: the water is just over the lowest part of our dock...

The dock is a tech-wood, so the water won't affect it. That lower part has been underwater during King Tides. Tropical Storm Beta is making landfall well north of us, but heading right for Charlie Jone's place. We have weather warnings for Coastal Flooding, Rip Tides, and a High Surf Advisory.

Charlie Jones is a mutual sailing friend of Bud's and ours.

Nice Maine Coon Jim! They are the BEST cats!

That's Rufus, the big boy we adopted after we lost our sweet Izzy. The C-Brat folks got to know Molly and Izzy; Rufus has been a part of the family for about 2 1/2 years. He didn't look like that when we first saw him...

He had short fur, a wonky ear, a kink in his tail, missing some teeth, and smelled terrible (he had recently been neutered) - the boy needed to be rescued. The vet we had check him out said he was "probably full grown and about 3 years old," and said he was "a domestic medium hair." With good nutrition and lots of love, Rufus blossomed and continued to grow - no way we knew he was a Maine Coon. At his first visit with our home vet, she said the same as you: "He's a Maine Coon and he is a very friendly big fellow."

He is very adaptable, sweet as can be, and walks on a leash (like Molly and Iz). He wants to be where we are and is happiest when he can be touching one of us.

He is about twice the size that Izzy was... when he sits on your lap, you know it. Wink Big paws. Big personality.
Desert Dory

City/Region: Tucson
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Desert Dory
Photos: Desert Dory
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesTXSD wrote:
Desert Dory wrote:
JamesTXSD wrote:
We don't have a "back door" in the motorhome, but this is the view out the side door...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... well, the house: the water is just over the lowest part of our dock...

The dock is a tech-wood, so the water won't affect it. That lower part has been underwater during King Tides. Tropical Storm Beta is making landfall well north of us, but heading right for Charlie Jone's place. We have weather warnings for Coastal Flooding, Rip Tides, and a High Surf Advisory.

That's Rufus, the big boy we adopted after we lost our sweet Izzy. The C-Brat folks got to know Molly and Izzy; Rufus has been a part of the family for about 2 1/2 years. He didn't look like that when we first saw him...

He had short fur, a wonky ear, a kink in his tail, missing some teeth, and smelled terrible (he had recently been neutered) - the boy needed to be rescued. The vet we had check him out said he was "probably full grown and about 3 years old," and said he was "a domestic medium hair." With good nutrition and lots of love, Rufus blossomed and continued to grow - no way we knew he was a Maine Coon. At his first visit with our home vet, she said the same as you: "He's a Maine Coon and he is a very friendly big fellow."

He is very adaptable, sweet as can be, and walks on a leash (like Molly and Iz). He wants to be where we are and is happiest when he can be touching one of us.

He is about twice the size that Izzy was... when he sits on your lap, you know it. Wink Big paws. Big personality.

Sorry to hear about Izzy Jim. I guess I'm a bit behind.

Here's Sophie, our Maine Coon. Came to us as a stray kitten 14 years ago this month. We had no idea what a Maine Coon was until one of my wife's clients said "OH!!!! You have a Maine Coon! I love Maine Coons!!". Then we looked up what the heck that was and, sure enough, she has all the characteristics of one, except for size. She's a little girl.

She loves to be around people, even strangers, and is VERY vocal. She chirps A LOT!

Technically, this is a backyard pic since it was the back corner of our backyard.

JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dory wrote:
JamesTXSD wrote:
Desert Dory wrote:
JamesTXSD wrote:

Sorry to hear about Izzy Jim. I guess I'm a bit behind.

Here's Sophie, our Maine Coon. Came to us as a stray kitten 14 years ago this month. We had no idea what a Maine Coon was until one of my wife's clients said "OH!!!! You have a Maine Coon! I love Maine Coons!!". Then we looked up what the heck that was and, sure enough, she has all the characteristics of one, except for size. She's a little girl.

She loves to be around people, even strangers, and is VERY vocal. She chirps A LOT!

Technically, this is a backyard pic since it was the back corner of our backyard.

A fine looking feline! Our daughter has a couple Siberian Forest Cats... that lovely girl of yours reminds of those. They have a lot of traits of the Maine Coon (including the size and long, thick undercoat), but they are less "full" through the cheeks.

An RV neighbor commented about Rufus being a Maine Coon a couple days ago, especially about his size. He asked me, "Did you have him tested?"

I had to ask, "You mean like a DNA test? No, we didn't do that."

He said, "We had our dog tested - he's a poodle."

I could have told him that just by looking at it. Wink
WeekiTiki

City/Region: Weeki Wachee
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Just Cruisin'
Photos: WeekiTiki
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be misreading this image, but assuming you are, like me, in your golden years, looks like your back yard is a grandchild's paradise! Lucky grandchildren.
WeekiTiki

City/Region: Weeki Wachee
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Just Cruisin'
Photos: WeekiTiki
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smckean (Tosca) wrote:
I might be misreading this image, but assuming you are, like me, in your golden years, looks like your back yard is a grandchild's paradise! Lucky grandchildren.

Got another one too. Was here both Sat and Sunday.

Here's one of me...
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out how you stay suspended like that......hahahahahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: