View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Boat Show/ Updated Cruiser 22 Reply with quote

Just got back from the boat show, man what a time. It was awesome. The (our) 22 cruiser there is very, very cool. Not only does it have the new all glass door, but it also has a new one piece floor liner that is molded in, no more floor boards.This was a surprise to me , I had no idea they were doing that for my new boat. It slopes to the back to help it drain to the bilge area, and you no longer have the hole under the door( although the bilge pump is still there to drain the cabin should any water enter) it looks really clean and nice and will keep you from having to clean under the floor boards( big + for us fisher people). They also have a new really sweet cooler rack that sits in the transom cut out area. And they made some modifications to the table and forward seat conversion, which seems much sturdier. Overall I am very impressed with the new mods on the 22 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up . My wife really liked the boat. Which says alot since she wasn't as fond of my last two boats. She also really liked Jeff, Scott, Brett and all the guys from CDory. Along with Jim and Laurie, And Jim from texas and his wife, although her name slips me right now. All wonderful people and fun to talk to. We had such a great time and are so excited for the new boat we can hardly wait. Not to mention the New C ranger tugs were very cool. And I'm sure they will have a following too. After a great day like today, it just reaffirms that my family made the best decision by going with CDory, we were absolutely blown away. The boat looks fantastic, and meeting new friends was great. We are planning on attending the factory shindig so it will be cool to put some more faces to some names.

What a great day, great boat, and great people!!!

Sark & Jaimie
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By golly Sark, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! Laughing

We're all jealous.... Embarassed

Congratulations...

Go Skins..

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humbug! GO HAWKS!!!!

Captains Choice wrote:

Go Skins..

Charlie

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I'd rather drink beer with you on the tour (if you'll have me) than watch the 'Skins beat the 'Hawks.... Laughing Laughing

And now let's get back on topic. Congratulations Sark, can't wait to see your boat on Friday!!
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sark, Nice boat. i sat in your boat today and really looked all the new features over. I will be upgrading the table in the Susan E to match what they have done to yours. I will call you this week about the party. We are not sure abuot getting the hotel room now that the show is closing friday night. we may stay on the boat in the kent area instead. I hate football!!!!!!
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.... hope yall do stay at the hotel Friday night.... just for kicks and grins and a bit of socialization.... I like that stuff.... but, I guess you could leave the hotel party and go get on the boat too. Can't really blaim ya if you could park your vessels close and she already be rigged for sleeping and breakfast...
Hope to see all soon.

Byrdman
flapbreaker

City/Region: Hillsboro
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Playin' Hooky
Photos: Playin' Hooky
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could post some pictures of all the modifications when you get time. I'd like to see what they have done.
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, now that Don's brother Loni bombed out, I still got a vacant bedroom in my townhouse....I think each BR has it's own bath, I don't share baths. When I need a pottie, I need one...

Charlie
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie, that sounds like an Idea. Give me a call tonight or tomorrow. 1-360-653-9897.

We just got in from taking The Texans for a northwest boat ride. We meet them at the everret ramp at 11am. They were east to spot with the big coats, gloves and hoods. We ran the boat over to Langley for lunch and a walk around town. The ride over was 1 to 2 foot chop and a little swell. We were with the wind so it was a good ride. Docking was ok, but I need a little practice. We had Lunch at the dinner next to the theater (forgot the name already). The ride back was against the tide and wind. Got into some 3 by 3 swell. That’s 3 up no top and 3 down. So everyone got to see how the boat handles in the bad stuff. I decided to take the scenic route back and cut across the top of the flats and in to the river above the everret ramp. I do this all the time (last summer) and I know where the channel is (was) that cuts by the old barges that form the north side of the cut. Well the dam channel has moved and with the out going tide... you got it! We ran out of water. Well it’s just a flat sandy bottom and gets dry as the tide moves out. So with little time to spare I jumped in and pushed pulled the boat into deeper water and got back out the way we came in. Then we ran around the flats to the shipping channel and into everret the "correct way". Got in just as it was getting dark. Jim and Joan are really nice people and easy to get a long with. I hope that after this "test ride" they will be getting a c-dory soon. All in all a good day and one more dumb thing you have to do once off my list of dumb things, Kind of like forgetting the plug.
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, I'll call you tomorrow afternoon/evening. I'm off to the land of nod at the moment, long day...

Sounds like you had a great day, Lindsay's Law not withstanding.

Charlie
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom-

"......and I know where the channel is (was)........"

Just when you've got it all figured out they move the *#+%!@?*^$!!!

Reminds me of finally figuring out how to get the fish to bite: definitely "subject to change without notice...."

Good that you've got such a good sense of humor to keep it all in perspective!

See you later this week!

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: He didn't have to tell you that... Reply with quote

Our sincere thanks to Tom and Susan - what delightful hosts! They took time out of their lives to share the fun; and with two complete strangers. We were very impressed with the CD-22. The very idea of being out on the water when the outside air temp is below 50º is amazing - the Wallas heater is a champ.

It was around 46º when we met them at the Everett ramp (the finest public ramp I've ever seen). Tom said, "Not a bad day, huh?" Now, understand that the Blonde and I are midwest kids, but we first went to Texas to escape the cold. These temps are what we consider "the teeth of winter." Wink While the weather was chilly, the conversation and comraderie was very warm.

Now some impressions: Tom and Susan handled their boat great and work together really well. I have a USCG captain's license and we do around 100 days/year on the water, so I am not a neophyte. But almost all of my time is in all manner of sailboats. Tom was patient, handling every question and waiting for that spark of recognition to know that I was getting it. The boat is a champ. Small by what we're used to, but so smartly laid out and obviously well-engineered. The sensory overload, trying to assess the situation and the surroundings was interesting. I don't know how you people navigate by sight around here, because every direction looks the same! All those beautiful mountains and islands... in EVERY direction you look. And no sun to get your bearings. I understand the value of "local knowledge", but sure was happy to have the nav equipment. We have a great appreciation for the beauty of this area and WILL come back. Preferably when it's warmer Wink As we were coming back to the ramp area, we passed a sailboat... Joan said, "Look at how cold those people are." Yep, all bundled up and huddled behind the dodger. I feel their pain and understand the NEED to be out there.

And therein lies our delemna: we have been sailors... we use the motor to get in and out of our canal. Making a change to POWERboating will be a major lifestyle change for us. There will be some interesting discussions between us... intense for the next couple days and on-going. We're going back to the show today (it is around 5:00 in the morning as I am writing this) to sit in the 22 and the 25, and to brave the cold to see some of the in-the-water boats.

There is a big difference in the 22 and 25. Jim and Lori spent some time with us at the show on Saturday and we really appreciated the insights they were able to offer. All the owners we have met have been so gracious; we can truly see what this "family" stuff is all about... C-Dory has a tremendous asset in its owners. Jeff, Scott, Nancy, and Rich from the factory have made us feel right at home as well.

We have a lot to go through right now. I'm sure many of you owners who contemplated the move from sail to power wrestled with the same situation. Joan keeps reminding me that we have two sailboats (and only one will have to go to make room for another boat at the dock) and she also finishes each "pro and con" session with: "And you KNOW this won't be your last boat." What a woman!

Tom didn't have to tell y'all that we discovered the... um, "flotation limitations" of the boat. Rolling Eyes He handled the situation with calm determination, as did the boat. Only several times did I feel the words, "Oh my God, we're all going to DIE" slipping from my lips. LOL Yeah, I'm kidding. We had just eaten. We had HEAT. Good conversation. And the tide would be back up in 10 or 12 hours. As good hosts, I had no doubt that Tom and Susan would have offered us the v-berth (while Susan could have used the dinette and Tom could sleep sitting up!!!). Mr. Green OK, it never came close to that. And I certainly would not have brought it up if Tom hadn't decided to spill his guts here. In the shallows of the south Texas coast, EVERYONE has stuck it in... there are those who admit it and there are liars.

Well, two time zones and a major climate change have upset my internal clock (sure gets dark early around here). Early to bed and way-too-early to rise. It's almost time for my nap!

Again, our very heartfelt thanks to Tom and Susan for sharing their time. As Tom said, "You have to ride in one of these before you can make a decision." Yep.

We have no doubts about the boat. After our trip today, Joan said, "I am never taking a long cruise without a cabin." I reminded her that our sailboat has a cabin. She reminded me that you can't helm the boat from there. We have some talkin' to do.

Sincerely,
Jim and Joan (aka James TX/SD and the Blonde)
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and Joan, glad you liked the CD. Just don't forget that just because you have a CD powerboat, you can't have a sailboat as well! I bought Sally a Gloucester 22 last fall because we like to sail too. It's very inexpensive and can satisfy your need for the quiet part of the boating experience. Thumbs Up

Charlie
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim/Joan/James/The Blonde: Yes, great boats and great folks for sure in our family of C-Dory owners. Ya might want to hook up with George on The Wanderer..... He and his lovely bride made the gathering we had in Mt. Julitet/Nashville TN last Apr05. They were both use to their some what larger sailboat....and made a great adjustment and truly love their CD22.... The group of us there got to enjoy and work thru their early travels on the river. Great time, and great folks. See Yall at the show/gathering/party.

Byrdman from Bama
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flapbreaker wrote:
Maybe you could post some pictures of all the modifications when you get time. I'd like to see what they have done.

Will Do but it probably will not be for a bit since I'm not heading back to the show this week. Too busy with work, and getting ready for the new CD Very Happy . But I might have a chance at the factory party. If not maybe a week or two later when I pick up the boat. The floor just blew me away since I was not expecting it, but the other mods I was aware of mostly. They sure did a great job though. I am sooo excited to get her out on the water!!!

And Tom don't feel too bad I ended up dry once in my old arima. In the same general area. Made me keep a better eye on the GPS after that. At least it's a sandy area and not a bunch of big rocks Confused Confused

Sark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: