Cushion Protection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryPalsgrove

City/Region: Montross, Potomac River
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Song
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Cushion Protection Reply with quote

I will be receiving my C-Dory 25 in the spring. While daydreaming of future adventures on "C-Rapture" I also began thinking about what should be done prior to use. One of the things that came to mind was to protect the cushions by spraying them with something like Scotch Gard.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of upholstery protectant, particularly on sea-going fabrics?

Any other suggestions for preuse protection will be appreciated.

Gary
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If C-Rapture is new, the upholstery is Sunbrella and already has protectant on it which should last a long time with care. Sunbrella recommends 303 High Tech Fabric Guard water repellant and it works well.

Check out Sunbrella cleaning/protection .

Brat #483
"Jenny B" 2005 C-22/F75 sold, Oct. 2008
"C-Brat" 1993 C-16 angler/50 hp
DodgeRam

City/Region: Vancouver Isl. CANADA
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaRam
Photos: SeaRam
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary. the seat material from Sunbrella is no problem. Yes it will at times get a little dusty and a little dirty. First 2 weeks of having my new C-Dory at home , I probably spent 1 1/2 week polishing, washing the boat and trailer? Wrong , I realize that I was not having fun . Today, when prawning all day with friends we got our limit . Guts , mud, prawn body parts all over the cockpit floor and walls from cleaning them. But man what a beautiful day we had ( January04) wow! Came back home put every thing away , flushed the engines, quick wash the hull, trailer , cockpit , pots , about 1 1/2 hr. Boat ready to go back prawning Friday , Saturday , and maybe Sunday if weather permits. Man I love that boat! My neighbour has a 22' Campion loaded, with about 80 hrs on it. He has seat cover bags for the bucket seats, little carpets all over the floor, 2 boat covers , take his shoes off to get inside the boat, in is own drive way. He has radio covers, engine cover, prop cover. I feel very sorry for him. SEARAM
GaryPalsgrove

City/Region: Montross, Potomac River
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Song
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: cusion protection Reply with quote

Sneaks: Thanks for the sunbrella info.

Dodge Ram: You have the right approach. I plan to use the boat and enjoy more then work on it. But, sometimes a little prevention can go a long way to saving time. After the moat arrives I have the feeling that my "good intentions" will be adjusted more toward time on the water.

Gary
DodgeRam

City/Region: Vancouver Isl. CANADA
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaRam
Photos: SeaRam
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary , just realize that your boat is a 25' C-Dory . It will take you at least 4 to 5 weeks before your put a dirty pot , or a bleeding fish in that cockpit !,,,,, and you know what I don't blame you at all . Just came back from shrimping today weather was terrible 2 to 3 foot sea most of the day still put all my pots in the water ( 8 of them) rocking and rolling all day only got 100 but we had a ball . Was going to go back tomorrow but decided to stay home clean the boat figure that one out! Man you gone love that C-Dory. SEARAM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: