The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Facebook Post by Jeffrey Siegel, Active Captain creator

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Facebook Post by Jeffrey Siegel, Active Captain creator Reply with quote

This is a copy and paste from Jeffrey's FB post today. If you appreciate Active Captain, it is worth a read. Especially note not to get mixed up with the "Cruisers' Rights Network of North America."

Over the last decade, ActiveCaptain and I have been harassed by Wally Moran. Every product that exists has people who love it and hate it. ActiveCaptain was no different so Moran's constant droning about the failures of the product didn't matter. He crossed the line when he started attacking my credibility, honesty, and reputation though.

Others saw this and sent me information about Moran's own fraudulent background. Frankly, it is unbelievable what that man has done. He has multiple fraud judgements against him from Ontario courts. One is for taking the life savings of an 80 year old retired bus driver, Alex Carrigan, for an investment that never existed. In that one case, Moran's partners were convicted criminally and went to jail. The detective advised that Moran should also be charged criminally but Moran instead was the star witness against his two partners. As a result, Moran had only an $88,300 judgement against him including $25,000 of punitive damages. Moran could have done a lot of things at that point. At the very minimum, he should have given Mr Carrigan back his stolen money and skipped out on the fines. But no. Instead, Moran took the money and bought a 34' Dufour sailboat, equipped it for cruising, and left Canada making it impossible for Carrigan's family to receive any of the judgement. Moran has lived on that red sailboat named "Gypsy Wind" for nearly 18 years and is on it right now. If nothing else had happened, that story alone disgusts me.

Over the years, Moran only stopped the harassment when I'd give more information about his fraudulent background in response to his attacks on me personally. He collected those comments from discussion threads and held them. In April, he formed the Cruisers' Rights Network of North America with two other people (Chris Silverstein, Deanna Phillips). I made a public posting warning the community to be alerted to donation requests from Moran, a known scam artist. I also pointed out that the SSL certificate of their website collecting money was in error and no encryption of information was being made. Since then, I've done other forensic analysis of the crnna.com website to find a very probable source of fraudulent activity. When you go to their Donate/Credit Card section, surely the source of most donations, carefully look at the top to see that the money actually goes to "North Channel sailing." This is Moran's personal Google Pay account. You can see his use of that name by other resources he owns like his Sail To The Sun website page's privacy policy (see resource list below).

So donated money appears to go to Moran's personal account. Then he manually transfers some of the money to CRNNA. Perhaps he transfers all of the money collected.

Nah, I don't think so either.

My warnings about CRNNA caused Moran to file an injunction/protection order/restraining order against me for cyber-stalking in Brevard County, Florida. I was not going to allow that to stand especially when I've been the one harassed over the 11 years. I hired an attorney. Moran also hired an attorney. Personally, I wonder if donations made to CRNNA paid for Moran's lawyer.

My attorney told me that there was no case. There was no evidence. And in fact, everything they had and everything I showed made it clear that I was the one being "stalked."

The hearing in court with Judge Michelle Baker happened at the Titusville Courthouse last week. To say it was an unfair fight is a severe understatement. My attorney sliced the case out from under Moran.

Then things took a turn...

With Moran on the witness stand being asked question after question that was objected to by my attorney and sustained by the judge, Moran grew angrier and angrier. I had warned my attorney that Moran has a thin coating of charm with a deep layer of anger and apparent violence underneath. If you've seen any of Moran's argumentative writing, you know exactly what I mean. On the stand, Moran cracked through that thin charm coating. His face turned beet red. His hands clenched into fists. He turned to the judge and yelled at her.

I watched the bailiff move forward to get closer between Moran and the judge. I saw the officer place his hand on his weapon. Moran calmed down and the bailiff started to move back. The judge asked the bailiff to remain forward.

My attorney made a motion that the case be dismissed because no evidence had been brought to show any type of stalking or harassment. The motion was granted and the case was dismissed.

Upon getting these results and showing Deanna the money trail for CRNNA, she advised me that she was resigning as Vice President of CRNNA. It didn't help that the recent actions of CRNNA in Gulfport, FL were a total disaster, wasting other donated money to the CRNNA collections.

Moran would be smart to quietly slink away into his own life. Hopefully he learned a very important lesson about me: If you attack my wife, my dogs, my friends, or me, I will never, ever back down. It might take a decade, but I will never just let it go. Perhaps that's a fault of mine. Perhaps not.

Moving forward, I would suggest that every boater in the cruising community be very wary of CRNNA. I also wonder if newbies looking for experience down the ICW in the fall are well guided by someone like Moran who loses his temper so easily. I wouldn't want to face that in any type of emergency situation.

Please help share this information. The community needs to know.

----------

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pacificcoast101

City/Region: Torrance
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: No Pressure
Photos: No Pressure
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest commenting on Moran's post at https://www.sailnet.com/threads/anchoring-rights-issues.333422/

Hopefully, you will save someone from making a donation to his personal account.

Southern California Marine Life
https://www.flickr.com/photos/southern_california_marine_life/albums

My Photos
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/?pseudoid=%7bAC42A235-FD0A-464A-B559-1CC5843C95FB%7d&name=Phil+Garner&st=11&mode=0&comp=1
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Jeff - sorry for the hassle - do not buy a home in an HOA Reply with quote

Jeff,
Seems like live and let live with a bit of common sense in the mix is a dead concept for now in our America (the one that belongs to us - not "them" whoever "they" are). There is always evil in the world. I greatly appreciate the concept and all the work that went into the bringing it to fruition of Active Captain. We C-BRATS stand together and as the saying goes "You are OK if your are one of us!". I applaud your stick to your guns attitude and lament that it had to get to the level of a lawsuit. Smooth sailing, cheap gas, and full traps to you friend. Bob Jarrard
Canucksailor

City/Region: annapolis
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Wally Moran. The post above by Jeff Siegel and posted by Ms. Anderson is nothing but lies. Siegel has been cyber stalking me now for over ten years.. Siegel was just released from a Florida court ordered restraining order due to his harassing me and this is his revenge. This will be going straight back to court for further action of a more permanent nature.
If you have questions, please contact me directly via email.
Thank you for understanding. This is an incredibly difficult issue for me to deal with and I'm not happy about what your member, Ms. Anderson, has done here.

Sincerely,

W. Moran
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Moran has emailed us, threatening to sue us if we don't remove Pat's post. We won't. As an online service provider, The C-Brats enjoys 100% protection via the DMCA for anything posted by our members here, absent copyright claims. Beyond copyright, any claim Mr. Moran has with content posted is with the author(s).

Mr. Moran then followed up to the post he wanted deleted, asking folks to contact him if they have questions.

Setting aside Mr. Moran's contradictory wishes, I'm locking this thread. I know a headache when I see one, and y'all can take this fight elsewhere.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: