View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuckDogTitus

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Miner
Photos: Hemingway
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Hanson Fish Co Reply with quote

So my brother has been getting us a hook up with a local who does all his fishing in Alaska. My wife and I have picked up crab and shrimp already, and believe it or not, chum salmon which blew my mind.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys in case anyone is interested, it's from my brother. Apparently they are sold out of Coho fillets already. It's just sorta an interesting and exciting venture they're working on.

Quote:
Here are the current offerings, with a few additional on the way. For the salmon, they are all frozen at sea (FAS). This is considered the highest quality fish to come from Alaska. All of the fish are caught with hook and line, one fish at a time. They’re bled, cleaned and headed within 30 minutes and put into a freezer. As soon as they hit freezing temps, Chris glazes them in saltwater and puts the fish into a blast freezer. This method essentially stops time on the decay process. In the salmon business, there are very few boats who are trolling with FAS capabilities.

So the current offerings, which we are going to pick up on August 14th:
1) FAS King Salmon – This is the crown jewel of Alaska. It comes in two packaging options: 10lb of portions for $250 ($25/lb) or 25lb of fillets for $587.50 ($23.50/lb).
2) FAS Coho Salmon – we are sold out of portions and have very low quantities of fillets left. 25lb box of fillets is $350 ($14/lb).
3) Halibut - $200/10lb box of portions.
4) Quillback rockfish – This is going to be a great value. It’s an excellent tasting rockfish that sells at $120/10lb box. I’m personally picking up a box for fish taco nights.
5) Yelloweye rockfish – this one is turning into a rarity. You can’t get it out of Washington waters, and it’s increasingly difficult to get it out of Canada or even SE Alaska. Selling 10lb boxes of fillets for $160
6) Sablefish – We’re really trying to create a market for these here. Chris did an entire Facebook post on these (really worth the read) because he wants folks to know the story of these fish. They’re oftentimes called “black cod”, but they aren’t a cod. They are known for having such a high fat content that you can cook them in the pan with their own rendered fat (some folks call them “butter fish”). We’re selling 10lb boxes of portions for $160/box.

Also on the way are more Coho options, possibly a new King packaging option, and some lingcod. I can’t throw details on these out there until they are processed and headed to WA.

This fall we will have the full Alaskan gambit: Crab, shrimp, scallops, and possibly some tuna.

Should be a fun year!

Here is their facebook page and website:

https://www.facebook.com/HansonFishCoSouthSound/

https://store32219834.company.site/?fbclid=IwAR24mX-yT3lCy7NFLDprQW83avqkq6OdrHJIxm4l_kb85J_NLuJpLyxbirU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: