View previous topic :: View next topic  
easy does it

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pura Vida
Photos: Easy Does It
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Colter Bay Marina, Grand Tetons Reply with quote

We have been here almost a week now. I have never been at a place I felt better, we have an end slip and everything is just off the charts. The staff and other tenets are amazing, the view is just too much. Last night a mother black bear and 3 cubs just about ran me over at the boat ramp, the water is warm the nights are cold, the store is fairly well stocked. Will try to post pictures. The end tie rentals do have water and shore power and the restroom is close by it is interesting to me among the "old money" of Jackson hole and very expensive yachts, how many people say they really like our boat!
Baxter

City/Region: Sheridan
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Baxter ll
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Yellowstone Lake nice place Reply with quote

Have not been for three years. No Fancy Yachts there then. Maybe Covid thing. There are small gysers at places and warm water but no swimming allowed. Several years ago on a windless morning encountered some steam waves. Put two and two together and decided and confirmed with park ranger later it was under lake tremor that set them off. Yellowstone has tremors everyday. Geogolist say the history of the volcano you are sitting in Is it is 30,000 years overdue for eruption. So anyway now Don’t lose sleep. We live 249 road miles east near Sheridan, WY, Probably less than 200 airline. If it goes we will be gone. Several years ago they put monitors at the bottom of the lake. Also they say the world will change. In 1980 we got ash from Mount St. Helens eruption, 1000 miles away.

Yellowstone lake great place to enjoy the park with no traffic. Getting there busy.

easy does it

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Pura Vida
Photos: Easy Does It
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Post topic Reply with quote

Colter bay marina is on Jackson lake
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Colter Bay Marina, Grand Tetons Reply with quote

easy does it wrote:
We have been here almost a week now. I have never been at a place I felt better, we have an end slip and everything is just off the charts. The staff and other tenets are amazing, the view is just too much. Last night a mother black bear and 3 cubs just about ran me over at the boat ramp, the water is warm the nights are cold, the store is fairly well stocked. Will try to post pictures. The end tie rentals do have water and shore power and the restroom is close by it is interesting to me among the "old money" of Jackson hole and very expensive yachts, how many people say they really like our boat!

Easy does it, we saw you pass by us going north just out of Jackson. We were broke down along the road & had been heading south to our home in Cokeville, Wy from Yellowstone Lake. We are now back at Yellowstone. Infact I’m out on the lake now with fellow C-Brat Bill.

Glad to hear you are having a great time on beautiful Jackson Lake & looking forward to meeting you here at Yellowstone.

Jay

Baxter

City/Region: Sheridan
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Baxter ll
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Colter Bay Reply with quote

Sorry I knew that. We always go to Yellowstone which if of course Bridge Bay.
Very nice and bigger lake. Tetons nice too. Both areas have become so crowed over the past 50 years.

Recently we had great trip in the recreation area on the Big Horn River. You
Can go about 60 miles above the dam at FT. Smith, Mt. Excellent launch. some Of you probably have been. Is The most beautiful steep walled canyon. Has marina at Dam area. Then about 6 miles up Black Canyon has excellent docks and campground. Further up is a boat launch and excellent new docks. The road to this is through WY and a National Wild Horse Refugee. Pryor Mt area.

At mile 47 WY/MT line I got a bit nervous as had not seen a boat fo 15 miles.
Canyon Walls come down to water and no way out. No Sat. phone coverage so if issues could be a long wait for help. We did have lots of food and water.
We returned to the upper landIng and dock for the Night.

Had place to ourselves. This is bear and lion country. But were snug in our Venture. Took some nice pictures if I can figure out how to post will do so.

Taking out was a challenge had has steady 25-30 mph winds. But
BoatErs helped each other and we all got out fine. No fee area.
Many fish but we did not.

Because of Covid we are bit land locked. Normally May do Friday Harbor and month in CAnada. Not in 2030.

Happy cruising. Craig and Marigene on BaxterII
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: