The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SoCal marina/slip location ideas?? (new owner)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aGrandView

City/Region: Pasadena
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Nyanza II
Photos: Nyanza II
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Any hull design is a series of compromises--this includes all sizes and types of boats. I am not aware of any one good book on Catamaran hull designs. Read some of Richard Woods,Morelli and Melvin, Chris White, Malcom Tennant's web pages. Boat Design.net has some discussion of types of hulls in the forums. Dave Gerr's Books on the "Nature of Boats, plus the one on structure of boats have a lot of information on boat hulls, which can then be applied to cats, if you really want to do some searching.

The Hull Truth forum--if you cut thru the crap...BullShipper has some excellent posts on cat hulls. There is a lot of information, but not just in one place. Plus seeing how different boats run (both sail and power--(more similarities in cats perhaps than in mono hulls). .

Thanks for all the tips. I am really enjoying digging in and researching this stuff. I guess part of the reason is I don't have my boat yet so I have plenty of free time, haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: