View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Up-dated C-Brat Charts Reply with quote

I have updated the charts;

* added two new charts (on the last page of PDF file for "C-Brat Charts")
* added the new boats since the last up-date, I think 8 or 9
* fixed a couple of links on the list
* up-dated information on several boats
* added two new columns to my list.

The charts are still here.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
stevej

City/Region: Gaston
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Shearwater
Photos: Shearwater
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave fantastic job on this I love it.
Something about numbers and charts that fascinates me.

BTW Sherewater does have a Yamaha 15hp kicker.

stevej

1995 25' Cruise Ship #3
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevej
Quote:
BTW Sherewater does have a Yamaha 15hp kicker.

Thank you for the update.
The corrections have been made to the files and the charts updated.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Dave. Happy New Year to all!
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, thanks for all the hard work. I consider myself pretty Excel saavy as well.

Just to update, we repowered to a Suzuki 90 hp from the 70. Still have the 9.9 kicker. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Peter
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter-

Regarding your repowering from the 70 to the 90 Suzuki- What are your initial impressions, etc? Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to C-Dory statistics, does anyone have a clue roughly what percentage of all C-Dory owners on earth are C-Brats? Do we represent a small, medium, or large percentage? Of the three C-Dories on our home waters, I don't think the other two owners are Brats. And I can think of some other Dories I've seen elsewhere whose owners don't belong. Can anyone hazard a guess?
Al

fisherkb

City/Region: Austin
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Slack Tide
Photos: C-Hunt
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I'm relatively new to the group. I have been looking at C-Dory 22 cruisers since last summer when I sold my Catalina 27 sailboat. I looked at C-Tex's 22 cruiser in Matagorda, TX earlier this fall but couldn't decide whether to take the leap. My wife snuck into my e-mail and closed the deal and surprised me for Christmas. What a present! Well, its a 1989 blue 22 cruiser with a 2003 Yamaha 90 four stroke. I just updated my profile and thought I'd let me you know for your charts. I'm really looking forward to interacting with the group and benefiting from the collective knowledge of all the members.

regards,

Karl Fisher
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose- REVISED*********************************************

I first thought that you could use the charts and find the most recent of each model made of each boat, you could then add them up to find the approximate total number of C-Dorys made ((the exact hull number of each boat used to be included in the overall Hull Identification Number). From there, it should have been simple to determine what percentage of them that have signed on here with the C-Brats. Unfortunately, the HIN does not contain enough digits to list the full hull number, or may start over with the new factory ownership.

So an email to the factory shouldbe necessary to give us the total number of all the hulls delivered. Joe.
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just to update, we repowered to a Suzuki 90 hp from the 70. Still have the 9.9 kicker.

Peter - Thank you for the update. I have update my information to reflect this.
Quote:
I consider myself pretty Excel saavy as well.

Sometimes I wish I was also. I would like to do a better job of counting the different boats using the formula =COUNTIF(AND( with criteria from two seperate columns. So far I can't make it work.
Quote:
I just updated my profile and thought I'd let me you know for your charts.

Karl - Thank you for letting me know about your new boat. I am sure you will be very happy with it. The information has been added to my file and the charts updated.
Quote:
With regard to C-Dory statistics, does anyone have a clue roughly what percentage of all C-Dory owners on earth are C-Brats?

At the C-Dory factory get-together, I thought I would see what information is available.

Anyone know if Sawdust sold his boat? Our newest member Culprit2u just bought a boat and it matches Sawdust's boat in boat name, year, model, color, engin make & horsepower.

I also added a couple of additional files to the charts link.

I hope this post doesn't confuse you people. It looks like I am jumping all over the place and trying to cover too many subjects.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl-

Congratulations on the new boat! What a present! And welcome to the group, great to have you aboard! You'll love the C-Dory!!!

Dave:

Dusty's famous for switching boats! Kinda like a serial offender of some sort!!! Must be something they have no cure for*......I think Byrdman came down with it too......everyone ought to be very careful when at tending the SBS / CBC....maybe we should wear surgical masks......and drink lots of disinfectant!!!

However, to be perfectly honest, I don't know if he's gone and done the deed, again!!!

Joe.

* Although now that I think about it, one member, Lyle, I believe, went though some kind of exorcism, sold one boat, and now is in apparent remission. (Accordidng to HIM, anyway....)

The malady at work and the victum exposed:

Link

Link edited by Da Nag
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, sorry for the delay in replying.
Quote:
Regarding your repowering from the 70 to the 90 Suzuki- What are your initial impressions, etc? Joe

I was down in the very rainy, very stormy Bay Area, near your neck of the woods. As for the repower, we just had enough time last week to pick the boat up from the factory. We didn't get to put it in the water but are anxiously looking forward to doing so in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your interest. The info you provided regarding the different size motors and displacement et al was a huge factor in upgrading.
Peter
oldgrowth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose;
Quote:
With regard to C-Dory statistics, does anyone have a clue roughly what percentage of all C-Dory owners on earth are C-Brats? Do we represent a small, medium, or large percentage?

I did a little (not much) research to answer your question.
The following is an excerpt from a news article about C-Dory. The article is on this site HERE and HERE if you want to read it. It was dated February 2005.

“C-Dory expects to produce 268 boats this year, up from 232 last year and up from only about 70 just a few years ago.”

From this article and looking at the "Year C-Dory was Built" chart HERE , you can see there are 78 C-Brats with 2005 C-Dorys. 78 divided by 268 is 29.1%.
There are 68 C-Brats with 2004 C-Dorys. 68 divided by 232 is 29.3%.

The company was purchased in October of 2000 so their first full year of operation would have been 2001. I am going to assume he was referring to 2001 when he said “up from only about 70 just a few years ago”.
There are 26 C-Brats with 2001 C-Dorys. 26 divided by 70 is 37.1%

Looking at the other dates on the chart and again I would assume that the boat production in previous years would have been less and some cases much less than 70 boats per year, so anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of C-Dory owners are C-Brats. I would have to say that is a good represation for the C-Brats.

What do you think Joe, you seem to have a good grasp on these things?

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sea Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-

Good work, again, as always!

Very interesting that the %age of boat owners that are C-Brat members for the last two years is almost identical (29.1% and 29.3%). This would seem to indicate that there's some consistency in the sampling and that there's a definite %age of new boat purchasers that join the site, or who are already members buying a second boat, which we know happens a lot!

Thge higher %age of older boats (37.1% from 2001), may also be indicative of a real trend. Hazarding a guess, I'd suggest the larger number is due to some turn over of models as they age, with one of the subsequent owners becoming more of a permanent owner and joining the site sooner or later. This phenomenon is probably really several separate things happing concurently, and may be more complex in reality. It would be revealing to find the real numbers produced in each year and compare them to the #age of members to see if this is a real trend and how it progresses over the model years. Again, I'd guess that it rises as expected, but plateaus off at some point.

Your guess of 1/4 to 1/3 of C-Dory owners being members is probably very good, and perhaps even conservative if the %age of members gradually rises with the age of the model year, but only knowing the real number of boats produced in each year will answer that question.

Another way of looking at all of this is to look at what %age of actual C-Brat members participate and at what level. We have members who have joined but never posted, and others who have posted over 1,000 messages. Certainly all that have joined are members, but there is quite a range in levels of participation. Click on the "Members" listing at the top of the Home Page, and then use the controls to have the members listed by "Number of Posts" in decending order, and you'll see what I mean.

I'm also sure that there are many C-Dory owners that have visited this site that have not become members, and that tons of folks have visited that are not owners, both good events for all of us, but not included in the statistic we're exactly looking at.

So all of this is to say that the exact %age of C-Dory owners that are members of this site is only one of many possible indicators of the level of activity and value produced by the C-Brat web site, and the exact %age of owbers thaat are members, while interesting, is certainly not the final criteria of the value of this fine endeavor.

We all know what fine fun and friendship we'ave all had talking about our C-Dorys, sharing ideas, and meeting together. That feeling alone tells us that what we're doing is valuable beyond numbers.

Joe.
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be interesting to see how many of us have passed away Rose and are still posting.

Even more interesting to run a poll to see how many of those have twins vs. a single and a kicker.....

Seriously, it's a great set of statistics, interesting to see the spread.

charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: