The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1994 22 Cruiser, $20,000 (Honolulu, HI)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orfelia

City/Region: Honolulu, Hawaii
State or Province: HI
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Orfelia
Photos: Orfelia
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: 1994 22 Cruiser, $20,000 (Honolulu, HI) Reply with quote

- 570hrs on twin 1994 Honda 45's
- New ship to shore radio
- Overall in very good shape
- 1994 EZ Loader trailer

Pricing does not include shipping. I can help facilitate shipping but the boat is to be sold 'as is/where is.'

http://web.mac.com/kris.hansen/iWeb/Site/For%20Sale.html

Also, if you are interested in living in Hawaii and leasing a 3br penthouse condo I can include the C-Dory use in the lease. The slip is right below the condo.

Email me for more information: kris.hansen@mac.com

Thanks,

Kris

Last edited by orfelia on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bartman

City/Region: Corvallis
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: C-Vapor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Hawaii CD Reply with quote

Dang! That's seems like a nice price. Any idea what it would cost to have boat and trailer transported to the mainland?
Bartman
tpbrady

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bidarka II
Photos: Bidarka
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris,

I'm on Oahu for the next week could take a look at the boat for anybody that's interested in buying it. They would be able to get a second opinion from a C-Dory owner.

Let me know if you are interested.

38 Trawler Mia Terra 2012-2015
42 Nordic Tug 2015-
28 KingFisher 2009-2014
14 Jetcraft 2000-
17 Scanoe 1981-
orfelia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Good question.. Reply with quote

I'm looking into it, I'll post the shipping on here once I get a quote back from the shipping company.

The reason that the price is so low is that C-Dory's are very uncommon here on the islands and they don't have much of a following here.

I think it's a great boat for the islands. Many a time I've gone out fishing when people with open whalers are heading in due to rain. Rain here can come down by the gallons and then disappear completely. I just leave my line out and head into the cabin until the rain subsides. Same goes with the sun -- on a really hot day it's great to get into the shade.

Ideally, I'd like to sell the boat locally both to keep things simple and to keep the C-Dory represented in the islands. I think if more people were familiar with the boat there would be a strong market here.

Orfelia
orfelia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpbrady wrote:
Kris,

I'm on Oahu for the next week could take a look at the boat for anybody that's interested in buying it. They would be able to get a second opinion from a C-Dory owner.

Let me know if you are interested.

Tom,

That would be great -- I have a few people that want to ship it but are concerned about having it looked over before buying it.

Send me an email and let's meet. It would be nice to meet another C-Dory owner!

Aloha,

Kris
tpbrady

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bidarka II
Photos: Bidarka
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Kris for showing me his boat and taking me for short ride, monsoon rains not withstanding. The boat is in excellent shape. The paint shows some fading due to sun but should respond well to wax and buffing. The gelcoat looks to be in good shape. The engine cowlings show some fading due to sun again, but inside the starboard engine looked as good as new. Both engines started easily and idled smoothly. The steering was smooth and took a normal effort to turn the wheel lock to lock.

The front center window and port sliding window are both cracked. Kris has the replacement glass already in hand. The only electronics on board is a new Standard Horizon VHF (it looked like a DSC unit) with new Shakespeare 8 foot antenna. There was some minor rust starting to show up on the bow roller but it appeared to be only surface rust.

The interior upholstery is in good condition but shows some sun fading in exposed areas. The V-berth upholstery appeared to be in excellent condition. Kris had never used the alcohol stove and given the boat has been in Hawaii since new, it was probably not used very much if ever. It does show the effects of 12 years in a warm, moist, salt environment as the brushed stainless trim is showing some rust. The last item was the surface of the table. The original finish was a wood grain laminate and it has started to flake off.

Kris and I discussed a few things that needed to be done as routine maintenance mainly associated with the fuel filters and mounting brackets.

It looks like a good value for someone.

For every ones informatiion and especially Dusty, the original owner sold it to Kris and now has a 21' Ranger tied outside his home in the same harbor.
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tom -

I needed that! Laughing Happy Honolulu to you! BTDT and ain't going no mo!

Dduster

Sam Walker

City/Region: Wherever the RV is today
State or Province: SD
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Hawaii CD Reply with quote

Kris, did you ever find out how much it would cost to ship your boat over to the main land?
orfelia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hawaii CD Reply with quote

Sam Walker wrote:
Kris, did you ever find out how much it would cost to ship your boat over to the main land?

Yes, I did. It would have cost $4800 to get it to Seattle or Los Angeles.

Orfelia is now sold to Bill from the Big Island of Hawaii. The surveyor was very impressed with the quality of workmanship on the C-Dory hull, and found it bone dry after 13yrs in the water.

I'm glad to see Orfelia stay in the islands!

Kris
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Wilbur
Photos: Da Boats
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear, Kris!

Moving this to the Marketplace archives...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: