State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy and Bud wrote:
hardee wrote:
Sounds like my 15 year not so old CD 22 Cruiser priced at 43,500 is under priced then, but if I let it go for that Someone would be getting a really very good deal.

WHOA There though, SleepyC IS NOT for sale.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

The value of any C-Dory IMO is in relation to how well it is equipped.
Some are basically bare bones with limited equipment while other are fully tricked out and need nothing but gas and you are good to go.

We expect delivery of Alexa Jane today. It is at the low end equipment wise. GPS, power steering, home made camper back. But is has a brand new trailer which is a bonus as well as an Honda engine that has been recently been serviced to the tune of $2,000.

No anchor winch, autopilot, trim tabs.

We considered Alexa Jane, a 2005 model, a bargain to $26,900. The survey done in January valued her at $37,000.

The boat listing that started this discussion seems to be attractively priced.

Nancy and Bud. You are right, partly. That value also has much to do with the care given to the boat during it's life time. Good care, equals better condition over the years equals higher value over time. Simple -- to me anyway.

I hope I didn't hyjack this thread. Embarassed

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Nancy and Bud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
Vessel Name: Emma Mae
Photos: Emma Mae
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Harvey. Condition does matter. We passed on one boat due to that very reason.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillE wrote:
I was maintenance man at a Girl Scout camp Age 16 thr 20---"

Bob when you write your autobiography---which you should do---that job should get at least a chapter!

Probably a whole book...There was an alumni web site with photos of me when I was 16 to 20. Those photos have disappeared. The camp and Forest service lease was sold to a church and then to UCLA, who still runs it as a Sumer camp children.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we are telling stories..... Very Happy.

I just realized I once beat my own low point of $0.50 per hour at another, and later, stage in my life. After college in 1967, I bummed around Europe on a shoe string for a year. All was good until the winter. What to do in the cold? I knew a Swiss girl who was going to volunteer at a kibbutz in Israel for 3 months. Within 12 hours I changed everything and left with her for Israel (great decision as it turned out BTW).

Well, this was a very poor kibbutz just north of Tel Aviv. We worked in the citrus orchards 8 hours/day 6 days a week (216 hours per month....but we did get room and board). The pay? $2.50/month, or about one penny per hour....hard to get lower than that.....hahahahahaha. When it came time to leave to go back to Europe, they owned me $7.50. But this kibbutz had almost no cash, and they were unable to pay me (seems to be a pattern with me Laughing).

Another wrinkle to this story is that after I paid for passage on a old freighter that was to take me from Haifa to Istanbul, I had only $10 in my pocket, and no idea how I was going to get to England where I had friends. Once in Turkey, I heard on the grapevine that one could sell blood in Greece; so that became my plan. I hitchhiked to Thessaloniki Greece. At that time, there was no blood bank in that city; so if someone in the hospital needed blood, a family member would negotiate with someone on the street, and the the 2 of you would go to the hospital to have your blood drawn. Well, I remember to this day that since I have the relatively rare blood type of B-, I got top dollar of $17 for a pint (or whatever the volume was). That money got me all the way to England via hitchhiking and sleeping in city parks, under low canopy trees, in my sleeping bag. Today, I spend $17 on a hamburger and beer in town!!

Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, that’s an interesting story & I can relate to it, kind of. As I too was in Europe in 1967, but my wandering as a Army Paratrooper was somewhat limited. I do remember about that time there being trouble in Israel, maybe the 67 war. We were restricted for a time to base with planes loaded with all our equipment for a possible need to jump in for protection of our Embassy, I think. A long time ago, can’t remember it all well now, though the pay was better then yours, but not by much.

Jay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: