City/Region: home
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sold to lovely couple
Photos: Chester
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know the boat
Let me say unless you know what you are doing fixing up a boat to save money often ends in disaster.
A running boat is a much better investment in time and money for the average person.
Outdoorsygal

City/Region: Michigan
State or Province: MI
Vessel Name: BLT (Boatless Teresa)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are surely right about that Chester. Doing the math, even assuming I had had half skill I might need to fix a boat up, I quickly learned that the well equipped boat in good shape is the way to go. Looks like I’ll be saving nickels for a little longer.
Wood Zeppelin

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Creature
Photos: Childhood Dream
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 16' Angler came with a 50hp Honda and 9.9 Honda kicker (4-strokes). This thread makes me wonder, is it over-powered (too much weight in the motors)!?

Current boats:

1997 22' Angler - "C-Creature"
1988 16' Angler - "E-fishn-C" (Project boat)
1997 16' Cruiser - "Wet-a-Net"

Also:
14.5' Drift Boat - "Wood Zeppelin"
easy does it

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pura Vida
Photos: Easy Does It
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: post topic Reply with quote

O.K. so I said I would respond about our Pura Vida after our 2 week lake powell trip and I can tell you everything said above is true! It all depends on who is saying it. The original owner of our 2004 choose a nifty thrifty honda 50 as original eqip and after 14 years he told me he never thought about re-powering. He said if your not in a hurry it's fine. Well I can tell you for most people this would not work. (which ya'll already know.) I looked for a long time and this is what God gave us. A beautiful pristine like new boat, we just love every inch of it including our low hours Honda 50 and Honda 8 kicker. We cruised at about 3,500 r.p.m and liked it better than WOT at about 4,800 r.p.m. and got twice as good mpg. This is not o.k. for most people but it was for us. We could also tow our Kayaks at this speed and we used them every day. A few times we used the Honda 8 with the steering bar on and it was not that bad either. I will tell you one thing we are not going to be out on lake yellowstone with a storm coming in LOL (july 22-29) Jackson Lake July 15-22 and flaming gorge 8-15 Hope to see ya! The Trout's Boater Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: