The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory 16 cuiser vs 19 Cruiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktoot

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: C-Dory 16 cuiser vs 19 Cruiser Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this board. I recently sold my Caliber 40 LRC (sailboat) and want to downsize. I just want something to "go boating in again, small, easy to handle, etc" Comments on the difference sizes. We are moving to Port Townsend, so it will be used up there. I noticed that there are no "used 19 cruisers.?"

I'd like to look at those. Would anyone be willing to show me their boats?

Thanks

chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 only comes in Angler model. You can look at mine in Anacortes if you like

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktoot, welcome to the site (C-BRATS) and enjoy. Stick around and there is lots of information about C-Dory anything here. If you get a chance to look at Dwight's (Chromer)'s 19 you will see a very nice 19 fishing machine.

So, the 19 is kind of a hybrid, in that there is only one model of a 19 foot C-Dory so it is generally referred to as a "19", no Cruiser or Angler version. It has the cockpit of a 22 Cruiser. The length difference is in the "missing" cabin from behind the helm seat on back, so basically the galley and aft seat. It also does not have the aft cabin bulkhead and cabin door. The 22 comes in a "Cruiser" version. (It has a larger cabin with an extra seat passenger seat and and does have the galley setup.) The 22 "Angler" has a shorter cabin, no galley or rear passenger seat and that missing cabin space is give over to the cockpit which is extend by nearly 3 feet.

Not sure how soon you will be in Port Townsend, but I launch out of there frequently so if you want to take a peek at a 22 cruiser you are welcome.

Best in your search.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: