View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teufelshunde

City/Region: Sebastopol
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Fish Wisher
Photos: Fishwisher
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Window outer rubber and window removal Reply with quote

I would like to replace the outer rubber around windows front and back- whoever replaced them before cut them short and they shrank over time anyone know where I can order a roll?
Also I would like to tint my windows and wanted to know if anyone has pulled out the glass from the frames which makes putting tint on easier but if it’s a pain I’ll put it on in place. Also was wanting to replace felts in side windows.
I did a search for window removal/replacement but didn’t find what I was looking for.
Thanks

Standas

City/Region: Poulsbo
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C -Time
Photos: C -Time
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced some of the rubber seals in my Windows. I got the replacements from steele rubber products sent them a picture with the measurements to get correct ones.Also I bought small plastic tool from them that made it a lot easier to get the seals in. The one window I
Removed from the frame was strait forward just needed to get new window tape to put it back in. Hope this helps.
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m traveling now and away from the computer that has this info, but I’ll post the name of the rubber gasket supplier on Monday, if no one else has done it by then. Replacing the rubber gasket is straightforward. Removing the window is something that IMO you don’t want to attempt unless really necessary. My recollection, after removing the interior trim and examining the window closely, is that if it’s not broken don’t mess with it.
Teufelshunde

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the info - when you get back on monday if you think of it to let me know I would appreciate it - better to have two options if ya know what I mean Wink
pcg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gasket supplier is Diamond Sea Glaze. Here's what I found in my notes.
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=21264&highlight=window+gasket
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=25092&highlight=window+gasket
chucko

City/Region: Davidson
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1997
Vessel Name: Sea Angel
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the part number for diamond sea glaze, but can someone get me the part number for Steele rubber products? I’m very close to them and would save a ton on shipping cost , assuming quality is the same.

1997 22 cruiser, sold may 2023
1998 17 Aquasport Osprey cc sold sold 2012
1977 16 Mako cc sold 1999
pcg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucko wrote:
I know the part number for diamond sea glaze, but can someone get me the part number for Steele rubber products? I’m very close to them and would save a ton on shipping cost , assuming quality is the same.

Can you post the part numbers for both suppliers when you get them please?

Here's another part number from another supplier...
rcwass wrote:
I ordered replacement gaskets from American Marine Products, www.americanmarine.com. I ordered gasket number TP-240. I measured and ordered 53 feet for my 1990 22ft Cruiser adding a little extra to the order. They charged me 1.25/ft plus SH totaling $82.11. The old gasket and new gasket have the same size foot which is pressed in between the window frame and glass. Any other size wouldn't stay. No adhesive used by C-Dory or me. The portion of the gasket seen from the outside is a little smaller on the new gasket but looks OK when installed. The new gasket comes in White or Black. It's critical when installing the new gasket to clean the track out good including excessive seal used to hold the glass in. During installation of the gasket, the window glass seal was never broken and the glass remaind in tact. It took a little pressing to get the new gasket seated especially in the corners but not bad. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post them.

And consider this. From reading old threads I've learned that early C-Dorys with the unpainted aluminum window frames used a different gasket than the current boats with the aluminum frames that are painted white. I don't know when the change happened. My '99 has the white frames.
Teufelshunde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcg wrote:
chucko wrote:

Can you post the part numbers for both suppliers when you get them please?

Here's another part number from another supplier...
rcwass wrote:
I ordered replacement gaskets from American Marine Products, www.americanmarine.com. I ordered gasket number TP-240. I measured and ordered 53 feet for my 1990 22ft Cruiser adding a little extra to the order. They charged me 1.25/ft plus SH totaling $82.11. The old gasket and new gasket have the same size foot which is pressed in between the window frame and glass. Any other size wouldn't stay. No adhesive used by C-Dory or me. The portion of the gasket seen from the outside is a little smaller on the new gasket but looks OK when installed. The new gasket comes in White or Black. It's critical when installing the new gasket to clean the track out good including excessive seal used to hold the glass in. During installation of the gasket, the window glass seal was never broken and the glass remaind in tact. It took a little pressing to get the new gasket seated especially in the corners but not bad. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post them.

And consider this. From reading old threads I've learned that early C-Dorys with the unpainted aluminum window frames used a different gasket than the current boats with the aluminum frames that are painted white. I don't know when the change happened. My '99 has the white frames.

It seems to me that the change came around 1990/1991? But like PCG said you will either have a bare aluminum frame or a painted one and so far that’s the difference in what gaskets you will need.
For my early model gaskets I contacted AdvanTec who is the online and call in orders for Diamond Sea Glaze and ordered the scuppers that are on the window frame (new part # 103479) and a sample piece of gasket to make sure it’s correct- they have changed their part numbers and I will post new numbers and contact info when I can confirm everything is correct.
Teufelshunde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested that have the early model C-Dory’s with non-painted aluminum framed windows here are the description’s, current part numbers for window rubbers and scuppers plus the price from AdvanTec.

Outer window gasket - part # 103059 $4.00 per foot

Inner/outer side window gasket (Plug Stop) - part # 103029 $2.79 pet foot

Side window Scuppers - part #103479 $3.00 each

AdvanTec is located in Oregon so there is no sales tax and they can be contacted @ 800-770-0455
Their companies are Diamond Sea Glaze / Freeman Marine Equipment / Pacific Coast Marine and Steelhead Marine.
Hope this helped ya!!

Fish on!
chucko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m Still trying to find the equivalent part number for STEELE Rubber products part number if anyone knows? Thanks
Standas

City/Region: Poulsbo
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C -Time
Photos: C -Time
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part # I used for my back window and door was 70-3814-357. I talked to Todd at Steele rubber 1800 447 0849 extension 211. If I lived close I would remove the seal and have them match it.
chucko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for the part number, I’ll get a free sample any day and hopefully it’s a fit.
chucko

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standas, I got the sample from Steele rubber products, it was much narrower than what I expected , probably by 50 percent. I'm now asking for a sample from diamond sea glaze part WD5, so will see what they send. Stay tuned.
chucko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: window seal project Reply with quote

I just finished replacing the outer rubber seals on the rear of cabin windows.
To Standas- I wanted to let you know the part number for Steele rubber product was a smaller trim size than I expected so I went with the part from the Diamond sea glaze co, or Advantec now. It was probably much harder to turn corners since thicker rubber, but Happy to say its DONE. pics in my album.
They were handy with advice also, which came in handy. I would prepare for this by wrestling alligators. Part # WD5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: