The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Gig Harbor Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleRichie

City/Region: Bainbridge Is.
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Critter
Photos: C-Critter
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Fishing Reply with quote

Hi,
If you guys are going out fishing for salmon this week check your regs everthing is closed until either later this month or after the 1st only place that is open for salmon is area 11 around Tacoma, don't want to see anyone get busted.
Richard
lyle-t

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Scorpio
Photos: Scorpio
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Ritchie,
According to what I read in the 2003-2004 fishing Washington areas 11 -12 - 13 are all open till Dec 31 for salmon!!! Where are you getting the other info??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,
B~C I stoped by to see Larry at Gig Harbour on my way home from Seattle. He is at Arebells and said they have lots of room and lots of parking if you want to go there. He is at C10. I will be going back early am to go fishing with him. I hope we see you there if not we will be trolling around Pt. Defiance near the ferry dock.
Later Lyle
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arg, kid has big red, I have small broken truck...good fishing
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks fer the update.
I think the Washington fishing Gods just expect new truck purchases now. Have you been to a Dodge dealer lately? I ain't no nerd but that is what I've heard Wink.

Don't ya love kids?

Now, tell us more about the fishing....

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg, that was "good fishing" as in, I hope the fishing is good for you guys cuz I'm home playing auto mechanic
colvosview

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: C-heeto
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met up with Lyle and Larry yesterday for a nice day on the lovely Helen O. We came back empty handed, but Lyle had one nice fish on. It escaped on the final run, and when the line was retrieved, Lyle discovered that the HOOK HAD BROKEN! He was trolling with a whole herring on a Deep Six. I had one strike on the same rig, but no hook up.
I'm back at work, but they're out again today. Maybe they'll get lucky!

colvosview

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of those exciting moments that turned out to be a dog fish.
lyle-t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Update on Gig Harbour fishing. When I lost a nice chinook Angry due to broken hook Larry and I tried to figure out why a hook would break where that one did. Well to make a long story short in puget sound it is required that you use hooks without barbs or pinch the barbs down on your hooks. Thumbs Down. I tied on another double hook set up and was pinching the barbs down when I heard a sharp snap noise. I looked at the hook and saw "NOT PINCHED BUT BARB BROKEN" and that is right where the other hook broke. Idea When the hooks barb breaks instead of bending the hook fractures at that point Cry and LOST fish. Now to find BARBLESS hooks???
lyle-t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,
Here is a big THANKS to Larry on the Helen O for a wonderful outing at Gig Harbour. I enjoyed myself very much. It was a real treat to be able to run his boat and learn all about his systems with him. It was one of the best December fishing trips I have been on in a very long time.
I also got to meet Dave S. of Colvosview and the owner of Can-Dory who keeps his C-Dory at Gig Harbour. Larry told him to go online and look at the web site and come join us.
Ken B~C We sure missed having you up there with us. We did get into fish and with another boat along side us just may have gotten more. The weather was very good with only one evening that the wind gave us some waves. Even then they were not anything to be concerned about as the Helen O smothed them right out. Larry let me do the steering and playing with his electronics while he learned all about his downrigger. He got very good at raising and lowering it as I called out the changes in depth. We bumped bottom only when we wanted to while we figured out the length of cable out against the depth of the cannon ball. Now I am going to go read what all of you have posted even if I have to stay up all night to catch up on the posts.
colvosview

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Larry, you just missed some excitement at Arabellas. One of those nice boats burned up. We had just started off on a little afternoon stroll when we noticed smoke coming from the general direction of the marina. As we were trying to figure out just where it was coming from, and if we needed to call the marina owner, they came by in their car and took us over.
Evidently it was a young arsonist. The marina staff had just chased off someone they thought looked suspicious, and as he was leaving, they noticed the smoke. The police apprehended a 16 year old. I guess no place is 100% safe. It'll be interesting to hear how the story unfolds.
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, I wonder if that is the same young fellow that I seen hangin around the marina.

Thank you David S. for the fun day of fishing Monday, even though I was hoping you'd get to take some fish home. I had a great day.

Lyle, what can I say. You made this a most memorable and enjoyable fishing vacation, one I'll never forget. Your companionship, knowledge and fishing tips were truly appreciated. A heartfelt thank you. Let's go fishing again real soon. You're welcome on my boat anytime.

Gig Harbor was beautiful this time of year. They had an almost constant parade of yachts with christmas lights and figures crusising the harbor in the evenings, even had a large ship with carolers singing one night. The next time I go back there I need to take my wife, she'd love it. Book stores, quaint little shops selling handmade crafts and good resturaunts. Thumbs Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: