The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Recent WA restrictions - do they affect boat ramps?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
westward

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Steady Eddy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tosca:

Nice try. You and I are not in fundamental disagreement about the medical use of marijuana, but your logic around why it's still recreationally available when other things are not is unpersuasive, to put it charitably.

How about the fact that vaping establishments have been deemed essential businesses in WA State? I thought vaping was considered by the medical community to be damaging to the lungs of its users? Are vaping establishments a good choice for essential listing at a time of severe and widespread pulmonary disease?

Suffice it to say you're comfortable with Governor Inslee's choices because you share his sensibilities. And I'm more skeptical because I don't. We are both impeded by what we think we know. That's the honest truth, and I'm OK with it.

You stay safe, and get out on the water ASAP!

I have strayed pretty far from the topic of boat ramp closures, so I think I'd better stop now Embarassed
forrest

City/Region: Chehalis
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Long Story
Photos: Long Story
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you can say for certain is localboy never lets an opportunity to stir the pot pass him by.
Stearmandriver2

City/Region: Port Orchard
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Notayot
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by way of an update, I can report that I launched at the Port Orchard ramp today, was gone a few hours, then recovered and took my time in the lot prepping the boat for travel. No one seemed to mind. Didn't see any other pleasure boats until I got out past the southern tip of Bainbridge; few sailboats out enjoying the breeze and the lumps. Discovered my Wallas exhaust fitting through-hull leaks water when submerged. Already found the thread for that. RTV silicon sealant is on tomorrow's shopping list haha...
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of being criticized for returning to the "pot" topic in this thread, I can't resist because of what I hope is good ironic humor for everyone of all persuasions.

As I've mentioned in another thread.....although I consider myself liberal, I have the unusual habit such that my listening to media is about 70% FOX and conservative talk radio. Most of my liberal friends can't imagine how I stomach it; and most of my conservative friends can't imagine why I would listen to anything else.

So I was listening to Rush Limbaugh the other day. He went to commercial break. Now, I suspect we can all agree that generally conservatives are negative when it comes to marijuana; Rush certainly is. I laughed out loud when the commercial, done by Rush himself, in his very own voice, was for CBD oil Laughing Laughing

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the ramps in Oregon are closed judging by what is posted on the fishing forum sites. Warrenton and Hammond have the ramps open with the pictured sign at the pay stations. These ramps give access to the Columbia River and from there to the ocean.

My boat is moored in the Warrenton marina and I have been going down to check on it most every day. There have been increased incidents of car prowls and thefts in town with all the craziness going on so I like to make sure nobody has moved into the boat. There are a few live aboards at the marina and they are good folks so I am not too worried about things down there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: