View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes

City/Region: Lacey
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hobbes
Photos: Hobbes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: New member and owner Reply with quote

Just purchased C-Dory 22 named Hobbes, retrieved it from Friday Harbor just in time as access to the San Juan Islands for a nonresident is severely restricted. She is now at Pudget Marine in Olympia for a repower, Suzuki DF90A
Fishcatcher907

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Legacy
Photos: Legacy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your purchase! I’m sure you’ll love your new boat! We just got ours a year ago. We put 200 hours on her last year and made a ton of memories.
Hobbes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, I hope to enjoy Hobbes as much as you do yours, 200 hours in a year is a pretty good statement on your part.
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do a lot of new members have their email address as their screen name? Ive noticed it so many times in the past and always wondered.

Oh, and welcome to the group sir. 😀

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, Welcome to the C-BRATS site. This is a great group, good friends, and super information resource on C-Dorys, everything you could ever need to know about them.

I wnat to invite you to come out and join our fantastic CBGT (that;s C-Brat Get Together) in Friday Harbor mid May. The link is here

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=28075

B U T

As you are well aware of, we have this COVID-19 Thing going on, so just watch the site, and see what happens. Oh, and you can start planning for mid-May next summer (2021) to come and meet the group. By then you should be close to that 200 hour mark yourself.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

curioustraveler

City/Region: Annapolis
State or Province: MD
Photos: Curioustraveler
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. I just purchased a 22 Cruiser myself. Spent the last few weeks polishing and waxing and getting her ready for launch.
robhwa

City/Region: Anderson Island
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Marcia C
Photos: Problemadela
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New member and owner Reply with quote

dougfrye1@gmail.com wrote:
Just purchased C-Dory 22 named Hobbes, retrieved it from Friday Harbor just in time as access to the San Juan Islands for a nonresident is severely restricted. She is now at Pudget Marine in Olympia for a repower, Suzuki DF90A

Congratulations, neighbor! Though the San Juans and the area north of Admiralty Inlet are great, there is a lot to be seen in S Sound. Amazingly, there is much less boat traffic overall, fewer a&&holes with big wakes, and almost zero commercial. Lots of nice anchorage, including Oro Bay around the corner from us. I'd invite you over for oysters, clams and flounder, but that might have to wait on this virus thing.

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. Some states are allowing--maybe even encouraging small craft boating and fishing....I would say "come on down", But it would be difficult to get to Florida from WA, currently!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Abrxas

City/Region: Scottsdale
State or Province: ID
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s spring and a new boat, that’s a recipe for fun. Congratulations! I have a DF90A on a 22’ and it’s an excellent match. Enjoy!
Hobbes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,m glad that the DF90 has been more than adequate on the 22, almost went for the DF115.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Problemadela Rob, we should have a rendezvous in Oro Bay some day. Nisqually Reach and that whole area is beautiful. Hobbes is just a few miles south, you're just 'round the rock, and maybe some Oregon Brats would find an Olympia splash-in attractive. I've enjoyed the South Sound since '66. For years we cruised to Lakebay, and Ketron Island, and I remember only a few small cabins and a tree-lined Wollochet Bay. We had a Brat bash in Olympia and Hartstene Island in 2002 and '03.
hardee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
Hey, Problemadela Rob, we should have a rendezvous in Oro Bay some day. Nisqually Reach and that whole area is beautiful. Hobbes is just a few miles south, you're just 'round the rock, and maybe some Oregon Brats would find an Olympia splash-in attractive. I've enjoyed the South Sound since '66. For years we cruised to Lakebay, and Ketron Island, and I remember only a few small cabins and a tree-lined Wollochet Bay. We had a Brat bash in Olympia and Hartstene Island in 2002 and '03.

Broch, You know that old tradition right Wink So, if you build it they will come, well, maybe, depending in 2020. Anyway, I have been looking at going south for a long time so that would be interesting. I missed those gatherings down at Harstene. Didn't much miss the snow storm they had though.Shocked but I heard everybody had a great time. Hey, it's a CBGT right?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

robhwa

City/Region: Anderson Island
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Marcia C
Photos: Problemadela
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
Catman wrote:

Broch, You know that old tradition right Wink So, if you build it they will come, well, maybe, depending in 2020. Anyway, I have been looking at going south for a long time so that would be interesting. I missed those gatherings down at Harstene. Didn't much miss the snow storm they had though.Shocked but I heard everybody had a great time. Hey, it's a CBGT right?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

I'd be happy to host a gathering in Oro Bay when this virus thing is better. There are several floats, mooring buoys, and good anchorage. Hopefully, we'll have a crabbing season in our region this year...the last two years have been closed.

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, thanks for stepping forward and offering to promote a gathering down your way. Harvey, I also was thinking about you when I wrote that last night. I bet Harvey would be interested in a cruise down there, thought I. Well aware that a even a meek rendezvous suggestion thrusts one into the driver's seat, I'm happy to help promote that when we're again roaming range-free. I'd love the day-long cruise down from Twin Bridges. Then maybe a group jaunt into Olympia to run up to the Capitol and watch the State senate deliberate the day's agenda. Longbranch and Lakebay, too. MikeR launched Bambina at Edmonds and ran down to Olympia last year, reminding us in the process how accessible South Sound is for our boats.
Not sure if he got a chance to meet any politicians.
Hot
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
Rob, thanks for stepping forward and offering to promote a gathering down your way. Harvey, I also was thinking about you when I wrote that last night. I bet Harvey would be interested in a cruise down there, thought I. Well aware that a even a meek rendezvous suggestion thrusts one into the driver's seat, I'm happy to help promote that when we're again roaming range-free. I'd love the day-long cruise down from Twin Bridges. Then maybe a group jaunt into Olympia to run up to the Capitol and watch the State senate deliberate the day's agenda. Longbranch and Lakebay, too. MikeR launched Bambina at Edmonds and ran down to Olympia last year, reminding us in the process how accessible South Sound is for our boats.
Not sure if he got a chance to meet any politicians.
Hot

Catman, You are right Thumbs Up I would love a good excuse when we are allowed again. We could maybe run down together if we met along the way. I would get to do some new water exploring maybe even get under a new bridge or two Cool

I will stay tuned. Glad to help out if I can.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: