The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Help determing asking price for 2000 22' C-dory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olydog

State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Help determing asking price for 2000 22' C-dory Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to hear thoughts on an appropriate asking price for my boat. My wife developed an illness that, over the last two years, has progressed to the point where she has become extremely photosensitive- to the point where even if she hangs out in the cabin, sunlight reflecting off the water will elicit a severe rash. Bummer bummer bummer. So it doesn't make sense to keep the boat any longer- the joy in having it has been tempered by her affliction. When Momma ain't happy.........
The boat is not fancy, not much in the way of electronics and it has really been a fishing platform and a bit of a work boat on occasion for my oyster farm taking bagged oysters to nearby processing facility. The last two years we haven't put more than 20 hours on the boat.

features:
2000 DF70 Suzuki with around 1700 hours, serviced in late 2019. Motor runs well, I have a printout of run hours by rpm.
No kicker motor at the moment.
2000 ezload trailer- ok shape, needs a little work on one brake line
dual batteries- i think one is a bit weak
2 20 gallon fuel tanks
20 gallon water tank
windlass
swim step
older and unsophisticated electronics- Hummingbird fish finder and a basic Garmin GPS unit
porta potty
inverter
Origo alcohol stove
2 Scotty electric downriggers

It doesn't have features like floor matting or radar or curtains/canvas coverings or a refrig- pretty basic boat so it would need some work to make it suitable for retirement cruising or extended voyages. Some of the weatherstripping around a couple windows needs attention and there are minor cracks in the fiberglass finish here and there, nothing major. In its early life it lived in Westport and did a lot of ocean fishing; the last few years it has only been in the South Puget Sound fishing and cruising.
I feel that I got a great deal on the boat when I bought it 10 years ago and want to ask a reasonable price that recognizes some additional costs will be necessary (such as a kicker, canvas,radar,etc. ) to make it suitable for extended voyages.
Your thoughts would be helpful- I don't have much experience in the marketplace
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of photos of the hull to show the degree of scratches and dings if any would help. The motor is at the lower end of HP for cruising a heavy boat and up in hours, so that will be a factor.

As you say a blank slate.

I would say between $25,000 and $28,000 would be where I would start and see what bids are.

If you have used it commercially then the cost probably has been written off.

Good luck with the sale. There are lots of buyers out there.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Haulman

City/Region: Vashon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: C-Dory 22 Reply with quote

Hi - Interested in your C-Dory - let me know when you determine a price - I live on Vashon, so in the area

Thanks - Bruce
bhaulman@aol.com
206-595-6185

Haulman

City/Region: Vashon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: C-Dory 22 Reply with quote

Hi - Interested in young-Dory - let me know when you determine a price - I live on Vashon, so in the area

Thanks - Bruce
bhaulman@aol.com
206-595-6185
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: