HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Seamanship training

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Seamanship training Reply with quote

Hi all,

I wanted to share my experience with a company called shearwater university out of Anacortes. A friend of mine bought a 37’ Nordic tug and signed up with shearwater (Phyllis Wooline) for on boat training. He had the option to invite 2 people including him and his wife as a package deal. He asked me and my wife to join him for the US Powerboating class. I agreed to join him which is no small commitment coming from Portland and was extremely pleased with the experience. Phyllis is a true professional, has a wealth of knowledge and is able to adjust to different learning styles very easily. I have boated as a child / young adult and again with my C-Dory yet she thought me and My wife how to communicate on a boat with your crew, about navigation and how to handle your boat. She truly is phenomenal and worth every penny. If you are new or seasoned in boating and want to reach your next level I recommend her classes very highly.

(I don’t know Phyllis outside of the class - simply wanted to share my experience and that had we done it earlier it would have saved us a lot of stress and built a lot of confidence)

Harald

"And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came. " -JFK
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold, Good to see you still here on the site. Also, good to hear a good report on a training experience. That Nordic 37 is different than the 25, so it must have been a fun experience.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Seamanship All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: