The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory pantograph wiper system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject: C-Dory pantograph wiper system Reply with quote

The wipers on my '99 Cruiser are manual. Parts are corroded and need to go, so as part of my restoration I'm installing a powered pantograph system with motors mounted above the windows as found on the newer 22' Cruisers. I'm sharing part numbers and costs and also have some questions. I got the part numbers from the C-Dory factory (thank you Sean) and prices from the supplier, AM Equipment, https://www.amequipment.com/. Total for both sides (need two of each below) comes to $690.68.

Motor, 50mm shaft, 85 deg sweep, Part No. 212-2201 $172.99
Harness for above motor, Part No. 310-1076 $9.27
12” Blade, Part No. 302-1120 $13.88
Wiper arm kit (Part No. 114-1132) consisting of the following:
- 13”arm with ½” drive, Part No. 352-0530 $87.15
- 3” Pantographic adapter for above motor, Part No. 305-1015 $15.77
Knob Switch (2 speed, wash, use with one motor), Part No. 311-1022 $38.78

So now the questions...
1) The AM Equipment website implies that each wiper needs its own switch. Is this correct?
2) If so, has anyone used an aftermarket controller and switch to control both wipers with one switch and also have an intermittent function?
such as the Schmitt controller:
https://www.hodgesmarine.com/ong32010-ongaro-synchronized-wiper-control-system-wswitc.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAqsitBhDlARIsAGMR1Rg8WBByhWMaiMFMWcnykH9Wm3PTFbVPgl-xEjcUDImpak7BC3zyvCUaAuEREALw_wcB
or the Marinco controller:
https://www.westmarine.com/marinco-dual-speed-wiper-motor-controller-18697391.html?&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=PMax:%20GSC%3eSmart_Shopping%3eBoatDeckBimini&Clothing&Watersports&Trailering2023&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqsitBhDlARIsAGMR1RheVFAO6WcALxYlwKu1wG-aez0LE7dB__Qyfl9e2vZ9qUtSerGwb7oaAuXaEALw_wcB
Pros? Cons?
3) The AM switch, as well as the aftermarket controllers above, has a "wash" function. Do the new C-Dorys have a window washer function? Useful? Where is the reservoir mounted?
Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: