The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Postponed - Cathlamet, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PNW_Wesley

City/Region: Vancouver
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Zenith
Photos: Zenith
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Cathlamet April 2020 Reply with quote

As a first-time C-Brat Cruise Director, I'm not sure of the protocol about "who does what".

I have made the marina reservations, posted a link to the marina, kept a list of boats who are attending, put reminders on my calendar to keep the marina informed, and posted the attendees as of Jan 17.

As of Jan 22, we have 6 boats coming (Zenith, Tyboo, Blue~C, clayhubler, Big Sky, Sleepy C). Others have expressed interest, but it is not always clear if they plan to come.

If your boat is listed above in error, please let me know.

If your boat is not listed above, and you are planning to come with your boat, please reply with "I am planning to attend with my boat."

I would not be offended at all if someone else would like to "keep tabs on this". My primary desire is to have a fun outing with other owners.
thechadmiller

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Agostino
Photos: Agostino
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, hopefully we can make this one. Was sad that we were gonna miss Friday Harbor this year, but fingers crossed we’ll be able to pull this off much easier.
PNW_Wesley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen and I are looking forward to meeting the Brats in April. We have many trips on the Columbia planned for this year. It will be great to gather some knowledge from those who have boated from Hells Gate to Astoria. We plan to boat most of the dam pools by launching at available ramps.

We have locked through many times on the Mississippi, and from watching great videos from some salty Brats, the Columbia locks will be fun waypoints on our trips.

We have found that there are some very nice boating days in the winter. Fog and wind come up sometimes, but when the weather data looks good for the day, we have had some nice cruises at 40 deg outside. We have also driven to the ramp and changed our mind if things did not look good.

We celebrated Christmas with a 38 mile cruise. It was a wonderful day to be afloat.

The Wallas keeps us at 58 deg at the helm, and calm waters are often found on our winter outings.

We would also like to see how other CD19's are set up for multi-night cruising, since most long-distance folks seem to have 22' and above.

Some day when we are planning to go out, we will do a post for others to join us. We launch at Vancouver Marine Park, and we could meet up with others along the river. Maybe to St. Helens for a picnic on the dock.

Hope to see you in April.
PNW_Wesley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if my Jan 22, 2020 10:16 am post offended anyone. I did not intend to sound bossy.

I will check this thread a few times a week to see if we have more participants for Cathlamet.

I am hoping that this event will lead to other events in the Columbia, which I would be happy to put together.

Prior water toys:
15' Smoker Craft
14' SOAR Inflatable Kayak
18' Sea Ray
28' Bayliner
19' Smoker Craft
16' Duracraft
14' Starcraft
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh goodness no! You are doing just fine and you have already exceeded the requirements for Cruise Director success. Your planning work is done, and done well. The rest is all fun.

I sent you a PM yesterday but I see you haven't got to it yet. There should be a notification in the links at the top of the page.

I sure hope the wind and rain quit by April. It has been nasty here at the end of the river for a month now.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNW_Wesley wrote:
I apologize if my Jan 22, 2020 10:16 am post offended anyone. I did not intend to sound bossy.

I will check this thread a few times a week to see if we have more participants for Cathlamet.

I am hoping that this event will lead to other events in the Columbia, which I would be happy to put together.

Wow, I looked all over for a "bossy" sounding post on Jan 22, 2020 10:16 am and couldn't find one. Sounded to me like you are doing just fine. Hey, we are glad you are here.

You asked in an earlier post about what you were supposed to do in the position of CBGT organizer. Sounds like you got it pretty well nailed. Set a date and make the necessary reservations, then get it announced here. Sometimes there is a potluck, sometimes not. Your choice, the CBGT there was up to you. Your choice.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could be there. Cathlamet was one of the earlier CBGT's that I ever went to. Unfortunately I'll be in San Antonio TX that weekend.
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, Sorry you won't be able to be there. As I mentioned, it is memorable in my book, and was the first CBGT I single handed at.

It was a fun group and pretty low key, most memorable because of my screw-up.

Have a good trip to San Antonio.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
PNW_Wesley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

So far, there are 4 boats in the "Events Signups" for this gathering (Zenith, Tyboo, Blue~C, clayhubler). A few others have mentioned interest, but I'm not sure if they are planning to attend.

Here is a nice video of the marina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAzFNDfYeCE

Hope to see you there!
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNW_Wesley wrote:
Hello All,

So far, there are 4 boats in the "Events Signups" for this gathering (Zenith, Tyboo, Blue~C, clayhubler). A few others have mentioned interest, but I'm not sure if they are planning to attend.
Hope to see you there!

I plan to attend stopping in on my annual pilgrimage back up to the Salish Sea. But I'll be in a camper not in C Sharp. I didn't sign up on the events listing as I didn't want to organizers to count my boat for needed slip space. Looking forward to seeing old and new CBrats!
PNW_Wesley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Sharp: Thanks for reminding me that you will be in your RV. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesley, I just through my fender into the cockpit. Hope to cross wakes on the river. CU.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon
PNW_Wesley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Harvey, glad to see your fender in the bucket.

Since we brought Zenith home, we have explored the Columbia from Washougal to Kalama. On Feb 5, we enjoyed 22 miles on a nice calm day. I’ve put some photos in my album.

For the April get-together, we will launch at Kalama, which is a very nice facility. Steep and deep, modern docks, and fuel dock. One can park for a week, and the office has a camera and security for the lot.

We are planning a leisurely 3 hours for our cruise to Cathlamet.

On the Saturday of the get-together (Apr 4), Karen and I would like to do a round trip to Astoria - tie up at West Basin and have lunch before returning. Total miles is about 50.

It would be great if others would like to join us. We could have a gaggle of Dory’s crossin’ wakes down the river.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! We tied up at the West basin for lunch today! If you can make the weather and water the same as this afternoon it will be a very pleasant cruise down and back. If Chuckpacific is there for this shindig we can get him to lead the group through the inside channel to Tounge Point. He wrote up a great history and guide for the route at one of our gatherings in Cathlamet several years back. I don’t know though - he has a deep draft slow boat now he may not want to float the backwaters.

Another thought that occurred to me was following the east river boats up to Kalama on Sunday for lunch at that huge new McMenamins if the weather is good. We can easily talk B~C into launching there instead of hauling all the way to Cathlamet. He might be getting a little trailerphonic in his old age. I am trying to roust Crazy Frazey out of his shell too. He and I have talked about meeting up at that place in Kalama.

Lois and I were talking about maybe a practice run to Cathlamet if we get weather like the last couple days again.
clayhubler

City/Region: La Center
Vessel Name: Hammerhead
Photos: Hammerhead
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNW Wesley, we are planning on putting in at Ridgefield and cruising on down. Wouldn't be too hard to meet up.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: