The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Postponed - 05/14 - 05/17 - 2020 Friday Harbor CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the poll Re: FH-CBGT 2020 and vote if you have not.

You can find it on the “Home Page”, right hand side just past half way down. You can go there directly and vote there.

Here is the link to the results:
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=28314&highlight=

Thank you,

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

hardee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post this on the other FH-CBGT relevant threads too:

I have emailed the Port of Friday Harbor for possible Fall or late summer dates and also for next year for the 2020+2021 FH-CBGT dates asking for our usual first weekend after Mother's Day time frame. When I talked to the front desk I got the usual "We don't start taking reservations until Jan 1". Guess we will have to wait and see."

Not saying it still won't be this May, but . . . . .

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be somewhere in the SJs in may fishing whether anyone at the state likes it or not. Just saying.
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to fish illegally why wait till May.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to be an outlaw come on down to Oregon this weekend and toss out a line. The entire state is closing all hunting and fishing to nonresidents but regular seasons are open for locals with the exception of the Columbia River since it would be rude to flaunt it to Washingtonians. Beware the ODFW TIP program, though - a lot of people are out of work right now and could use the reward.
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching the Race to Alaska preparations and have noticed a bit of change there. AS some of you know, the Race Boss and staff have been preparing to go, full seed ahead with the race schedule.

It appears they have come into "irons" at the moment, effectively "hove to" and keeping a "weather eye" as it were before going on with the course.

Same for the SEVENTY48 Race. These are both early June events and at this time both are planned activities with more than 10 people, and at venues that are closed to the public. Those closures may not last until June, maybe not until Mid May, but they are currently "CLOSED". The NW Maritime center is closed and they are waiting for government direction to reopen. That would have to happen before the Races can officially get underway.

So, what does that have to do with FH-CBGT? Well, I am watching them as a bell weather site. I have also had some contact with Port of Friday Harbor and they are still closed to transient boats, and to group gatherings. I will be staying in touch there. I had stated earlier that I would make the call for the FH-CBGT on May 4. I think I will hold to that, but from what I am hearing from the Port, it is pretty unlikely that we will be able to meet there in May.

Thanks to those who did, for participating in the poll. There may be some late summer shenanigans although scheduling and reservations are all up in the air, (ahh pun intended.)

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After listening to ALL of the Covid-19 related chatter, and all the closures in place, with the announced cancellations and the predicted ones, the likelihood of the FH-CBGT in May is somewhat less than slim. We have about the same number of respondents to the poll as we usually have numbers of boats to the event. SO, no official announcement yet but everyone can decide for them selves. Although, San Juan Island County is strongly inviting visitors to stay home, and stay off the islands. The parks, docks, ramps and mooring buoys are all closed. The Governor is advising to Stay Home/Stay Healthy and get down on the backside of the curve -- 14 days before things will begin to open up. WE still have that 14 days until May 1, so... we wait and see.

Stay safe, stay home and keep healthy.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for may to fish because i got to much to do here at this time Susan is cracking the whip on honey dos. Also the may ling cod season is may for a reason. Most of the fish have mated by them and are no longer on eggs. thats why the season is that time of the year.
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the poll it is evident that there is some interest in a meeting, (CBGT) later in the summer, (19 votes) and the same number of votes are not planning to go to FH-CBGT. There is no way to tell if those votes came from PNW folk who might have come IF there was not the virus or if some of those votes might have come from folks who are from out of range, and were not planning on coming no matter what.

I have posted a thread: 2020 FRIDAY Harbor CBGT, move to Sept 2020
that is offering a later date, set mostly by the Port of Friday Harbor marina, that could bring the C-BRATS back to San Juan Island this fall, if there is enough interest. -- Take a look at it:

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=28366&highlight=

and offer your thoughts there. I will need to respond to FH marina folk on April 27, so I will be looking at that that morning.

There was some chatter about a south sound CBGT, and there is no reason that could not happen, along the way. I would just hope it does not conflict (by coinciding) on the same date.

Thanks for your support and patience. For now, Stay safe, stay healthy and be thankful we live in a really great part of a really great country.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Chester

City/Region: home
Vessel Name: Sold to lovely couple
Photos: Chester
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right after Labor Day is ideal. The usual crowds disappear and the weather stays good for another 2-3 weeks.
hardee

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have been paying any attention to almost anything in the news recently you are probably aware that the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo and the Oktoberfest in Germany have both been cancelled. Closer to home, the Race to Alaska #6, (June 2020) and Fourth of July in many of the PNW favorite places has also been cancelled. Even closer to home for many of us, and of considerably more import, the marina at Friday Harbor is closed to transient boaters, (that would be most all of the C-BRAT society), until the end of May.

Here is a portion of the edict found at this link:
https://www.sanjuanco.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=899

Quote:
Quote:
“Concurring with an April 29, 2020 decision by the San Juan County Board of Health, San Juan County Health Officer Dr. Frank James has extended his order limiting transient accommodations, camping, and access to playgrounds from May 4th until May 31st.This decision is intended to align with Governor Inslee’s May 1st announcement that as part of his phased approach to reopening, he will extend his “Stay Home Stay Healthy” order until May 31st.”

Ouch! So in accordance with the powers that be, and also going with the wisdom of the selected C-BRAT committee majority vote, The May 14 to 17, 2020 FH-CBGT is officially cancelled. I’m Sorry.

Personally, I have to agree that it is much too soon to be congregating. C-BRATS on the dock, would probably officially be camping, (albeit on a boat), and moorage at state parks docks, or even on the moorage balls at this point is still officially off limits. The current Covid-19 counts are horrendous, (the highest positives and deaths per the last 24 hours nationally so far). So, for now, “Stay Home and Stay Healthy” is the best practice. If you have to be out, be VERY careful – mask, gloves and responsible distance (and from a Respiratory Therapists point of view), 6 feet is just half of the safe distance. I really hope to see you all at the 2020-2021 FH-CBGT. And maybe on the water later, maybe way later on, this year.

Here is the link to the May 2020 Move to September, FH-CBGT thread:
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=28366&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

SnowTexan

City/Region: Carlton
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Miss Maria
Photos: Miss Maria
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I’m more upset that I’m “transient”. That’s a step away from “derelict” in some circles. Though maybe “adrift” is more accurate. Thank you to the committee for making the call, regardless of outcome. We’ll start planning immediately to meet all you fine people next year!

Nigel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: