The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Looking for CD 22 cruiser near Salt Spring Island, BC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalcolmSSI

City/Region: Salt Spring Island
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Looking for CD 22 cruiser near Salt Spring Island, BC Reply with quote

Serious buyer now looking. Please contact me anytime. I live on Salt Spring and need a 22 to explore this amazing area.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcolm, Welcome and good luck in your search. I grew up at Sidney, and twice rowed my 8 foot plywood dingy over to Salt Spring. (I was about 10 years old then so was 10 feet tall, bullet proof and evidently unsinkable Rolling Eyes

What kind of exploring are you thinking? Overnighters or day rides? It could make a difference. The 22 Cruiser is a very capable boat, galley, heat, and V-birth. Right now there is a super deal on a 22 Classic (it has a different cabin configuration and a larger cockpit) down in the Seattle area.

There are plenty of boats around, maybe not right in your neighborhood, so you might have to travel a bit, (not uncommon to have to cross a few state lines even.) Back when I found my boat 5 miles from my house, another fellow in Alaska found his in Florida.

Check the site frequently and have the $$$ ready. The good ones go quick. Being wiling to travel will add to your selection.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

MalcolmSSI

City/Region: Salt Spring Island
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info - I remember rowing my little dinghy from Sidney to Sidney Spit when I was an invincible 12 year old. Amazing waters. Please let me know more about that sweet boat in Seattle please. You’ve perked my interests and thank you again.
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your search. Did you see the 19' Angler for sale in Nanaimo and there is a mini for sale as well? There are a couple of facebook groups Vancouver Boats for sale and BC boats (not sure of the exact names) you may want to join and say you are looking.

There was a good deal on a 25 recently on the island but a 22 is perfect for the saltspring area. There is a 21 foot boston whaler for sale in Victoria that an acquaintance is selling if you heart isn't set on the C-dory (which it should be!)

We are prawning in Brentwood bay this week and would love to do some saltspring exploring soon!

https://nanaimo.craigslist.org/bod/d/nanaimo-dory-just-arrived/7010421684.html

https://victoria.craigslist.org/boa/d/cobble-hill-16-dory-cruiser/7019987105.html
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working off my tablet right now so can't copy the thread address, but look up the "22 Classic 1985" thread.

Also, depending on your plans for cruising, that one that came up today in the thread "Rare C-Dory" looks like a pretty good deal price wise. Yes, it is not just across the street, but farther away is ok if it is the right boat.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Mitymo

City/Region: Birchbay
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: LiL ‘ Sumpin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcom, I have 2008 22 cruiser for sale. If you are interested please send me am email. The boat is in Birchbay Washington .
Mitymo

City/Region: Birchbay
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: LiL ‘ Sumpin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcom, I have 2008 22 cruiser for sale. If you are interested please send me am email. The boat is in Birchbay Washington .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: