The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Launching in San Diego
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

journey on wrote:
Bob,

Judy and I prefer to launch Journey On next to a dock, just because of the procedure you gave above. We find it's simple, easy and within both our capabilities. I back the boat into the water, Judy grabs the dock lines from the dock and finally I unwind the winch cable to let the boat off the trailer. Oh, and Judy checks the drain plug, which I have forgotten.

It takes us an hour to get the boat ready to launch. I don't know why and I'm jealous of the fishermen who get ready in 5 min.

Boris

Boris, The fishermen, (CBRAT ONES EXCEPTED), do not usually take as good a care of their boats as you do. And, they have to hurry to get to the fish, ALWAYS, or they might miss one. Since I singlehand, I try like everything to not be at the dock during high fishing launch times. I don't like to hurry. Rushing can lead to mistakes and missing things, sometimes like important ones.....like the plug.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

rbfconstruction

City/Region: huntington beach
State or Province: CA
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: launching in San Diego Reply with quote

Just got back from mission bay. I actually launched off the trailer and then drove back on . It went ok but I did check out the ramp next to sea world for you. It totally will work for the walk off with the ropes. Far as the other reply (did not say I did it, going to do it ) I guess I missed that when I read your reply. Any ways... get in to San Diego harbor and tour the Midway. aaaaaannnnnddddd, late but thank you for your service to all you veterans !!!!!!!!
Richard
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

It's neat to come into San Diego Harbour, which I assume you did since you launched in Mission Bay. You have to go way out to the sea bouy, then in, past Pt. Loma, past the subs and on in by North Island and San Diego's waterfront. It's a grand entrance.

What ramp did you use and what did you do with the trailer? I thought that South Shores was the only Mission Bay public ramp where one could keep the boat for 3 days.

Boris
rbfconstruction

City/Region: huntington beach
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: launching in San Diego Reply with quote

Boris, I stayed at the dana hotel and used the public ramp right there. Its a very wide ramp but need to drive the boat off the trailer. Ted, the dock master for the dana, lets me keep my trailer inside their property.
I hated the launch and return (just not experienced enough)
That type of laughing would work with a couple buddies to assist, but the whole trailer thing and all is not my wife s idea of ease. (probably because I am so stressed out during). The ramp next to sea world is even closer then it looks online in the pictures. I would guess 15 ft ropes but suggest 20 minimum for the walk off. Also the bridge on the left... way closer.

Richard
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great feedback Richard, thanks for posting it. Now I’m not sure our January trip is going to happen but if not it will at some point... I like the Mission Bay idea and it certainly sounds feasible!
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: