The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

old listing/ new listing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbfconstruction

City/Region: huntington beach
State or Province: CA
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: old listing/ new listing Reply with quote

HI, Can someone either do it or those of you that are selling on here do it. Please remove out dated listings. Here is why,#1 It is frustrating to want a used C dory and find out that it is no longer available. #2 Those of us trying to sell a C dory on this site are competing with (in some cases) unfair prices (referring to the spouse whom did not know the value add) and it did sell already. #3 There is no #3, I have been a happy C dory owner, but it did not match my needs so am moving on. That being said, I did try to list my boat here and now have it for sale by a broker. Thanks for reading this and all of course your site.
Richard
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We go through the For Sale section from time to time and move the sold boat ads to the Marketplace Reference forum, or delete them if so requested by the seller

To make that task easier and keep us from having to read through each listing, I like to add SOLD to the thread title when I see it come up on the recent post list. I can do that easily and quickly from my phone. I don't trust my chubby fingers to move the ads with the phone, however, and I usually forget to go through the list later on so the ads sit for a while.

Sometimes there is more time between the time to time, and we apologize for any grief that causes, but we try to keep up when we can. For two old guys, I would say that we do okay.

Right now, Lois is carving a pumpkin and I have a fire going outside to cook up some pork ribs for dinner, and then there is a baseball game on TV, so I likely won't get to the list tonight.

It is past due for a clean up though, so we will get it soon.

Thanks!

rbfconstruction

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: old listing/new listing Reply with quote

I thank you for your answer, and yes way too many things far more important.
I agree

Richard
TyBoo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - dinner was great, Lois' pumpkin turned out real good, and the baseball season is over. I went through the list of ads and cleaned things up a little.

Goodnight!
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
We go through the For Sale section from time to time and move the sold boat ads to the Marketplace Reference forum, or delete them if so requested by the seller

To make that task easier and keep us from having to read through each listing, I like to add SOLD to the thread title when I see it come up on the recent post list. I can do that easily and quickly from my phone. I don't trust my chubby fingers to move the ads with the phone, however, and I usually forget to go through the list later on so the ads sit for a while.

Sometimes there is more time between the time to time, and we apologize for any grief that causes, but we try to keep up when we can. For two old guys, I would say that we do okay.

Right now, Lois is carving a pumpkin and I have a fire going outside to cook up some pork ribs for dinner, and then there is a baseball game on TV, so I likely won't get to the list tonight.

It is past due for a clean up though, so we will get it soon.

Thanks!

Mike, maybe you could offer a "double your money back" guarantee! "... we do OK"? I would say you provide an exceptional place for for C-Dory owners and fans to gather. I am several years beyond C-Dory ownership, and this is still the place I look in first each day. My sincere thanks for all you and Will do to make this forum a delight! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Jim
Micahbigsur@msn.com

City/Region: Big Sur
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sierra
Photos: Sierra
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto that, first thing I check each morning I have learned so much rebuilding our new old C-dory because of you guys, some of the back and forth is amazing, so much more than when I was a Tug Nut!
You guys do such a great job that I think people can forget it is not an official corporate site.
Thank you.

1978 Folkes 38 SV Audacious (2006-2015)
Micah, KJ6GUF, Dana, KJ6GXG
nordicstallion

City/Region: Crescent City
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Rylee Rose
Photos: Rylee Rose
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyboo,thank you for everything you do!!Im sure it’s quite a job keeping abreast of everything & trying to keep things up to date! No matter how much you do it doesn’t seem to be enough for some! Being married to a (genetically predispositioned)volunteer, I know what you must go through. Thank you very much for your service!!
rbfconstruction

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: old listing/new listing Reply with quote

IF. You are referring to me, What they do is plenty enough. I was only asking, and it was only a suggestion.

Richard
TyBoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh goodness no, it’s not a big deal at all. We have always been pretty laid back but I am getting more so lately. A little reminder every now and then doesn’t hurt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: