Custom sheets for Tomcat 255

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobliz

City/Region: Kingman
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: catfish
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Custom sheets for Tomcat 255 Reply with quote

I’m wanting to get custom sheets made for our Tomcat 255. Anyone have ideas on who makes them? 😎
cmetzenberg

City/Region: Santa Barbara
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Kanaloa
Photos: Kanaloa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some calkings and just live with the bit of excess, that's what we do.

07' Tomcat 255 "Kanaloa"
87' Boston Whaler Guardian 17 (BlackFlag, 03-14)
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: canal cruise Reply with quote

There are companies like Yachtbedding.com that will custom make anything for a price.

At 6 years with our TC255, we've settled on the best compromise as a good quality full-size closed cell foam mattress topper with washable zipper cover and good quality regular full-size fitted sheets. This leaves room around our feet and by the forward lockers for them to open , plus storage boxes and bags. We replace the topper and linens every 3 seasons. I'm over 6 feet and my feet don't touch the 'clothes bag' at my feet that holds my clothes for a 6 week expedition.

Eileen likes a marina laundry every 4-5 days.

Pic on page 17 of our berth is on the album after 36 nights on this particular expedition. The ‘highlight’ option is gone on this laptop so I can’t embed that picture. but someone else can.

I tend to think of most 255 owners as either 'box wine and brie cruisers' like us or 'fish guts and buckets of crabs' fisherpersons who would rather buy 150 gallons of gas at $6.80/gal in Canada than spend the same amount ($1,020 C) on sheets. Forgive me.

You might have better luck with someone who's actually bought some on the Tug-Nuts.com site of Ranger and Cutwater owners.

Good luck in your search, and we hope you find exactly what you are looking for!

Cheers!

(over box wine and Brie)
John and Eileen on the Erie Canal

Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make them. Also a custom comforter. Takes about 10 minutes (and a sewing machine). I found that sheets were not worth the effort and now have two cheapo Walmart comforters sewn together (one thick and one thin) shaped like the V berth. If it's a warm night, thin is on top. I put a few snaps down one side to that I can throw the cover back if needed. Probably $30-35 invested. Fits in a big dry bag during the day (another $35, but doubles as a flotation device).

I loved my down comforter on a prior boat, but machine washable has its advantages for cruising on a 16' boat because I tend to get Brie in the bedding.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: