The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Influence a coastal migration! 22 Cruiser Wanted L. Erie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIBBoater

City/Region: Toledo
State or Province: OH
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Influence a coastal migration! 22 Cruiser Wanted L. Erie Reply with quote

Iím interested in a 22 C-Dory Cruiser, preferably newer than 2002 with extended cabin.

You can help influence a coastal migration and put one of these beauties on Lake Erie!
A rendezvous might be a bit challenging, but Iíd be happy to host one-we have amazing islands and fishing here in our area.

Thanks,
Beth
734-476-7376

Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beth,

There have been 22ís on Lake Erie, including our 22, Valkyrie, which we kept in East Harbor on Catawba Peninsula from 2005-2015. We currently have a 25í, Valkyrie II, and will be docked at Oak Point SP (near Stone Labs) on
South Bass Is from tomorrow night through Wed PM, if all goes as planned.

I tried to put together a CBGT for the islands about ten years ago and there was zero interest! Go figure!

Best regards,

Nick and Marcia
Valkyrie II
C-Dory 25
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beth,

There have been 22ís on Lake Erie, including our 22, Valkyrie, which we kept in East Harbor on Catawba Peninsula from 2005-2015. We currently have a 25í, Valkyrie II, and will be docked at Oak Point SP (near Stone Labs) on
South Bass Is from tomorrow night through Wed PM, if all goes as planned.

I tried to put together a CBGT for the islands about ten years ago and there was zero interest! Go figure!

Best regards,

Nick and Marcia
Valkyrie II
C-Dory 25
Two Bears

City/Region: Orofino, Idaho
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Two Bears
Photos: Two Bears
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago we had intended to launch in Buffalo and head east but the canal had sprung a leak just east of Lockport with no estimated time of repair. So we launched in Mid Lakes marina near Macedon, NY. As we pulled into the marina a mechanic was standing by the repair shop watching us drive in. As I got out of my truck to talk to him he said, in a loud nasty voice: "just what we need: another C-Dory".

I thought that was a bit rude but it seems in that 20 boat marina there were 3 C-Dories and we made the 4th. Turned out to be a nice guy in spite having to deal with four C brats.

Chuck

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIBBoater,said this:
Quote:
"...Iím interested in a 22 C-Dory Cruiser, preferably newer than 2002 with extended cabin."

A 22 C-Dory "Cruiser" is a model type. A 22 "Angler" is another model with a shorter cabin and alternately a longer cockpit. Not sure what you mean by "extended cabin". If it is the Cruiser, that is the most common C-Dory model. I guess you might be thinking of a 22 Cruiser with a "Camperback" or canvas covering the cockpit, and sometimes the splashwell. It is often considered a second room. It is not a hard (fiberglass) estension to the standard 22 Cruiser cabin.

Good luck in your search,

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

PIBBoater

City/Region: Toledo
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harvey,
Thank you for the clarification! Indeed, the camper back made from canvas provides the extended living space I was referring to.
Buying is a journey, Iíll enjoy learning all of these details along the way!

I also like the prospect of an extended boating season as a result of the pilot house design.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: