The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Swapping boat trailers in backyard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakevolvo@yahoo.com

City/Region: Orting
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Told Ya So
Photos: C-Told Ya So
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Swapping boat trailers in backyard Reply with quote

Any ideas on how to safely take my 86 22' angler off of my trailer at home? I have a brand new aluminum trailer I scored and need to swap the two trailers. (Both trailers have boats on them. I need the ski boat off of the alluminum trailer first so I can take my time to properly outfit it with bunks or rollers. I have pretty good mechanical ability just wondering if anyones done it before, thanks!
capt. meares

City/Region: Tillamook
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Vianey
Photos: Vianey
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not take it to the ramp? I have seen 45 a min video of a guy who did it in his driveways with lots of wooden blocks and three different jacks. I cant seem to find it on youtube at them moment though.
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Swapping boat trailers in backyard Reply with quote

jakevolvo@yahoo.com wrote:
Any ideas on how to safely take my 86 22' angler off of my trailer at home? I have a brand new aluminum trailer I scored and need to swap the two trailers. (Both trailers have boats on them. I need the ski boat off of the alluminum trailer first so I can take my time to properly outfit it with bunks or rollers. I have pretty good mechanical ability just wondering if anyones done it before, thanks!

What I did was, bring home a crane from work on a week end.
pick #1 boat off & set on front lawn (blocking rear up as not to fubar transducers etc.) pick boat #2 & set on trailer formerly occupied by boat #1, pick boat #1 & set on trailer #2.

Wink
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take both boats and trailers to the nearest boat ramp at a non-busy time. Launch and retrieve both boats onto alternate trailers.
digger

City/Region: Spokane
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Sik
Photos: Snoopy-C
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the boat off the new trailer to be used. I took the winch and bracket off the boat trailer, and slid the new trailer back against the boat trailer, and proceeded to use the new trailer’s winch to pull the boat off the current trailer onto the new trailer. Can also use blocks and jacks to raise boat and carefully slide trailer out, but much time, care, and many blocks and a good floor jack is needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: