The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

"C-Dory RedFox" and her projects...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yhc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Greg, what if... Reply with quote

You get this 100 lb king salmon on your line and the fish is moving from starboard to stern then to port side...but you have extra poles sticking out from the poop-deck! Wink

That looks pretty awesome! Great job.

Regards,

yhc

P.S. I like your AIRE inflatable kayak as well.
Redバx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL and your right about that king thing Neutral but with the fabulously genius design of the "Classic C-Dory transom"; it is far less of a problem then it might be on a Cruiser Exclamation Idea Mr. Green because the cockpit is level all the way up to the transom Thumbs Up and you just have to switch hands.... can do it in my sleep! Smile

The generators belong on either poopdeck. If I place them on the roof (top poopdeck) I get less noise than having it on the lower one Idea I could not imagine the RedFox without such a thing now Thumbs Up Note

Peep are askin me that stuff, I figured I better post it. Idea

I just love my AIRE canoe mon! I find taking it in the summer is better than the power-tender. Don't need a power tender for summer trips, but I do miss puting on several miles, vs just paddling around bays all the time.... going to make a kicker bracket for the canoe next! you NEED power, when you are alone and a gust comes along, or you get in some strong currents Neutral Confused
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregg,

Very nice work! Very kewell! I expect we will see you in the next Olympics competing in the Boat-top-gymnastics Razz .

How much weight in in the top? Do you notice the weight when you have an inflatable up there and it gets rough?

When loaded up I have at least 100lbs on the cabin top including the high radar arch. I don't think I would want much more but I have not been in lots of rough water. Of course in most conditions I don't even notice the weight.

Steve
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Greg, I am jealous.

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Redバx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx my friends.. its brats like you that keep me "The Repulsive Blob" (that's me Embarrased ) Xmas Naughty coming back you know Xmas LOL

I'll get back to ya fellas, just wanted you to take a look at what I'm doing today:

http://www.msnusers.com/C-DoryRedFox/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=504&all_topics=0

OK.... back to work --- Bat
Redバx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seabran wrote:

How much weight in in the top? Do you notice the weight when you have an inflatable up there and it gets rough?

Steve

Hello Steve, thankyou for the reply. I been swamped the last few days with poopdecks and packing our "can" so we can finally move to our island, Rainbow so I am going to be tardy with my post on here and on my "CD and CC" site, for some time mon... Xmas Tongue

If I recall right, the hardtop stainless frame alone was exactly 57 pounds, and the seaboard material is exactly 52 pounds. I still have yet to finish the hard top (top part of the "Poopdeck") so it may end up at about 120 pounds total, when all said and done. Disgust

The handling: Both me and my first mate like the handling BETTER Cool ! It acts like a "counter-weight" up there, but it ain't really all that high-up to worry about (if ya ask me -- LOL) The 'counter affect of the weight up there from the hard top slows-down the rocking when your in waves in any direction. It is anyone's guess if that makes it "less sea-worthy" or not... in my thinkin (and maybe some others too Wink ) if you slow a boats tendency to get "rocked" you may be making it "more sea-worthy" ... I'm sure the case is going to be all speculation: giving the almost infinite circumstances in any sea condition...) on top of that, it may not even be possible to sink a C-Dory anyway Smile Mr. Green Beer Thumbs Up

How do I like my old C-Dory in rough water: I love it! sure there are times I wish I could "fly through the chop" like all the v-bottoms do, but then I find it rides better and quieter than them 'v-bottoms just slowing it down, and also better to let them all get back to the docks (ha)! that way they are out of my way when I land.
Xmas Tongue
Redバx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... there is now 4 goofy pages up on this subject now...

(See next Post) Embarassed

latter gatter Bat

Last edited by Redバx on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redバx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... oops Embarassed Here is the right stuff: http://www.msnusers.com/C-DoryRedFox/yourwebpage5.msnw

There are 3 pages on the latest ultralite "T-Rack" (thankyou Pat)! Mr. Green for that neat name Thumbs Up
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some nice welds RF!
Redバx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankya Tom...do stay in touch mon Smile

Pat and I were discussin about the lightest, cheapest and bestest material for the "decking" on it is going to be wood! Neutral I have had everything from chipboard to treated plywood, to cedar planks, to seaboard.... and I know from experience the plywood is the lightest and most rigid, for it's weight Thumbs Up

If I had my way (time Clock ) I would make some super-duper-cored-panels out of fiberglass! ... then again, that choice over the seaboard I have now would not be translucent, and let in light Idea and ice is going to bond to fiberglass decking Neutral
Redバx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lied (again Neutral ) Another mod I did to RedFox.

http://www.msnusers.com/C-DoryRedFox/railsupports.msnw
Billy

City/Region: Chugiak
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1990
Vessel Name: Beer:thirty
Photos: Beer:Thirty
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice shot of the RedFox underway with his "sport hardtop" in the Beerthirty Album.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Billy's photo of RF (so you don't have to go there):

Incidentally, he probably winns the contest for the biggest dingy!

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Redバx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Wolf wrote:
Here's Billy's photo of RF (so you don't have to go there):

Incidentally, he probably winns the contest for the biggest dingy!

Joe.

Some of you keep getting more and more weird around here Shocked

Anyway, thankyou Bill Star and I thought some that "DO GO THERE" still (my site) Xmas Tongue would appreciate reading my last story and pix to the sound.

http://www.msnusers.com/C-DoryRedFox/page8.msnw

I'm keeping it quiet, so ya better go get it while ya con mons Xmas Eek

Here's my last project before we hit-the-road-toad and finally escape Los Anchorage Bat
http://www.msnusers.com/C-DoryRedFox/boom.msnw
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redバx wrote:
Some of you keep getting more and more weird around here Shocked

Just trying to keep up with you, Bro Laughing

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: