View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Yellowstone (NP) Lake Reply with quote

Considering spending a short week on Yellowstone Lake around the 3rd week of August. We would be on our way to spend a week or more on Lake Powell. I’ve never boated Yellowstone’s Lake and just wondering if it’s worth the big detour north. I’m also very familiar with the addition of invasive species inspections we would have to entertain towing the northern route but has anyone experienced issues with loading out of Yellowstone then launching on Lake Powell a day or two later? Is there a lot more to see of Yellowstone from the water that we wouldn’t have already seen from land? If we skip heading north first, we’d spend more time at Powell. Thanks for any info and/or advice. Colby
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lake with a really nice marina I really enjoy staying there. No problem with leaving Yellowstone and then going to Lake Powell. If was reversed you would get the evil eye and an hour long inspection. I usually leave Lake Powell around May 15th and put in at Yellowstone around July 24 so a 2 month dry time. They will look at it for 45 minutes with flashlights in every crevice. I find it much easyier to go to another lake first so I don't have to say Lake Powell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: