The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Seattle Boat Show CBGT details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Seattle Boat Show CBGT details Reply with quote

Here's the details on Saturday night's Seattle Boat Show CBGT from 6 pm to whenever (in a new post so you don't have to read all the way through).

The address is 2015 2nd Avenue the Tower 12 Apartments (the NW corner of 2nd and Virginia). Tower 12 is listed online as having public parking, but it's not true. There is on street parking if you are lucky, but Seattle just made parking meters operate until 8 pm in the Belltown area. Check the meter and see if you need to put in a couple bucks to get you past 8 pm. The SW corner of Virgina and 2nd has a little parking lot and there are others around.

You will need to ask the concierge to let you up the elevator to the 34th floor. Chips, salsa, and make-your-own tacos provided by Los Agaves (reportedly the best). Beer, wine, and fizzy water. Any questions or requests, just send me a PM.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went over yesterday- got caught in the post 3pm traffic jam, missed the 5pm one. We likely will walk from the ferry over there. We did spot the likely building yesterday. We are back in Bremerton tonight.
Marco Flamingo

C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent the entire day at the Boat Show and didn't even look at any of the vendor booths. 9 till noon was a $55 seminar on diesel troubleshooting and maintenance. $55 is 1/2 hour of shop time, so I think that it will turn out to be a bargain.

The rest of the day's seminars were things that I thought I already knew. I just sat there thinking yeah, yeah, yeah, ohh wait, that's a good idea. There was something of value in every seminar (and still I get to go back and go through the vendor booths.)

It turns out that one of the seminar presenters that I recognized from prior years (Carolyn "Ace" Spragg of the Northwest Maritime Center) has come over to the dark side. Most of her pictures in her presentations were still of her using her sailboat as an example, but she is now a C-Dory owner. I invited her, but she had a prior engagement.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Catman

C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to show up tonight at the 34th floor. I look forward to talking with those present.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to say that Susan and i are not coming tonight . I am under the weather. sorry about that. first time in years we have not gone. I plan on going to the show later in the week by my self.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you are having a great one! Photo album is here.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Flamingo wrote:

Stuff clipped.

It turns out that one of the seminar presenters that I recognized from prior years (Carolyn "Ace" Spragg of the Northwest Maritime Center) has come over to the dark side. Most of her pictures in her presentations were still of her using her sailboat as an example, but she is now a C-Dory owner. I invited her, but she had a prior engagement.

Mark

Mark, I was at one of her classes last year. Gave her an invitation and a card. Tried to get her to stop by at Friday Harbor. She was going to be in the area. Didn't sound interested. Maybe another Brat can repeat the invite again this year. Always fun to have new folks in the family.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: