The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

01/25 - 01/26 - 2020 Seattle Boat Show CBGT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: 01/25 - 01/26 - 2020 Seattle Boat Show CBGT
From 25 Jan 2020 to 26 Jan 2020 (included)

The Seattle Boat Show is scheduled for January 24th through February 1. The "Boats Afloat" has been moved from South Lake Union to Everett (????), so that will obviously change the regular shuttle service between events.

January 25th is a Saturday and I think that Saturday night is the traditional time for the Boat Show CBGT, which I will gladly host. We have a "party room" in our building (2nd and Virginia) that has a fridge, sink, etc. (plus a pool and foosball table) that would easily accomodate 30 people. I'll look into availability. We also have parking in our building (I'll get the details on that). Travel to Centurylink Field is a five minute walk, a 7 minute light rail ride, and another 5 minute walk. Or take Uber for door-to-door service.

Just thought that I'd give everybody fair warning.

Mark

Added to Calendar
Signup list
-TyBoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really nice offer. Those of us who regularly use public transportation can get to Seattle (big price break at the Seattle show if you show you came by transit), and it is easy to get from the stadiums to 2nd and Virginia
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Cool and Thank you for thinking ahead. Always enjoy the SBS and getting together with fellow C-BRATS. Perfect winter break.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boat afloat is going to be at Everett marine? which area? this should be interesting. We live 10 miles away and could even come by boat. Might have to do a day where people park here and we drive them to Everett. If you stayed in Everett for the boat afloat you could take the train to Seattle for the inside show. interesting.
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

I signed up for a notice for the Seattle Boat Show dates when they became available. That never happened. I just happened to Google it for an update and found the that the dates had been set and some new information. I'm a little surprised that an event this big doesn't have everything nailed down, but info seems to be coming out piece meal.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reserved the top floor of our apartment (34th floor) for Saturday, January 25th from 6 pm till 10 pm. It has a refrigerator, oven, sink, coffee machine, Foosball table, pool table, seating for about 40, three fireplaces, and a balcony overlooking Elliot Bay for those who like freezing rain. Parking is available in the building and I'm negotiating for free parking. Will see how that goes. It might require phoning the concierge to remotely open the parking garage door for each vehicle (if you arrive after 6pm).

My preference would be to have the CBGT catered with fancy-pants hors d'oeurves. I know that will disappoint those who like to travel with crock pots in their trunk and carry hot dishes covered with aluminum foil. I also know that there is a silent minority of Brats who don't get a thrill out of preparing an entree at a gathering. I'm one of those, so I'm going to explore the catering angle.

It is probably time for an Event Signup sheet in order to start getting a head count. Is that something that I set up?

Mark
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
C-Dory Year: 2007
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested. And would like the idea of catered appetizers. Will not need parking.
Catman

C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good gracious, count me in. The 34th floor? Man, we're movin' on up--to the top side. I suppose I'll need proper attire for the occasion. I can run home and throw on a tie.

Mark, it's true that I'll miss making my elaborate food-thing, but I'm happy to pitch in if caterers are deployed. Could even be a clear, star-filled night. Miracles can happen.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark! The signup list is in place and this has been added to the calendar. I included both Saturday and Sunday in the event dates but can add the opening Friday if folks are thinking about getting there early and hoping to meet up with others.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 01/25 - 01/26 - 2020 Seattle Boat Show Reply with quote

Marco Flamingo wrote:
The Seattle Boat Show is scheduled for January 24th through February 1. The "Boats Afloat" has been moved from South Lake Union to Everett (????), so that will obviously change the regular shuttle service between events.

According to the Seattle Boat Show website the floating part of the boat show is at South Lake Union.

https://seattleboatshow.com/location/south-lake-union/
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something must have changed because they have been talking about Everett all year. Maybe the construction at south lake is being held off. either way we are in.
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out that my apartment folks can't help with parking. The parking garage is run by another outfit that wasn't interested in keeping tenants happy. There are parking lots nearby. Plus, I'll keep working on them.

I'm going to be travelling in Asia for December, probably with little or no internet access. I'll need a head count for a caterer, so put names and numbers up on the boat show event signup. My preliminary research is that there are lots of caterers to chose from. I may be tired of Asian food by then. Or maybe not.

Mark
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the official cost of tickets will be for the Seattle Boat Show, but the preliminary estimate is $17 for adults. I just got an email for a Black Friday special cost of $20 for two adult E tickets or $20 per adult for the multi day pass. Purchase of an E ticket also provides reduced or free parking by CenturyLink Field. Last year I got the multi day pass just so that I could attend a couple of seminars.

The special runs from November 29 to December 2.

https://seattleboatshow.com/buy-tickets/?utm_source=Boat+Lovers+-+Master+List&utm_campaign=c27294334a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_11_20_05_43_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9c3626cfe8-c27294334a-1321323#/select

Mark
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope to attend the Seattle Boat Show mid week. Another boat show that you may wish to attend is the Portland Boat Show which is about a 3 hour drive south of Seattle. This show is from January, 8th through January 12th. You can go on-line and get a 2 for 1 discount coupon to attend. Great for 2 people. A General Admission Ticket is $10. Free to children 12 and under.

C-Dory says that they will be there again this year for the Portland Boat Show. Last year they showed a 22 Cruiser and a 23 Venture.

Gary and Colleen.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to the Portland Boat Show several times, but not recently. It is/was a show on a very different scale than the Seattle show. It is easy to cover in one day, and the parking is pretty easy. When I went, there were no C-Dorys, but anything you buy is no sales tax. There were not nearly as many venders ie Fisheries, West Marine, Raymarine, etc. The vendors appeared to be more local, and some were a little farther from what I thought would be boating related, but that's just me.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: