The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2020 Seattle Boat Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: 2020 Seattle Boat Show Reply with quote

The Seattle Boat Show is scheduled for January 24th through February 1. The "Boats Afloat" has been moved from South Lake Union to Everett (????), so that will obviously change the regular shuttle service between events.

January 25th is a Saturday and I think that Saturday night is the traditional time for the Boat Show CBGT, which I will gladly host. We have a "party room" in our building (2nd and Virginia) that has a fridge, sink, etc. (plus a pool and foosball table) that would easily accomodate 30 people. I'll look into availability. We also have parking in our building (I'll get the details on that). Travel to Centurylink Field is a five minute walk, a 7 minute light rail ride, and another 5 minute walk. Or take Uber for door-to-door service.

Just thought that I'd give everybody fair warning.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bucket List
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really nice offer. Those of us who regularly use public transportation can get to Seattle (big price break at the Seattle show if you show you came by transit), and it is easy to get from the stadiums to 2nd and Virginia
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Cool and Thank you for thinking ahead. Always enjoy the SBS and getting together with fellow C-BRATS. Perfect winter break.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boat afloat is going to be at Everett marine? which area? this should be interesting. We live 10 miles away and could even come by boat. Might have to do a day where people park here and we drive them to Everett. If you stayed in Everett for the boat afloat you could take the train to Seattle for the inside show. interesting.
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

I signed up for a notice for the Seattle Boat Show dates when they became available. That never happened. I just happened to Google it for an update and found the that the dates had been set and some new information. I'm a little surprised that an event this big doesn't have everything nailed down, but info seems to be coming out piece meal.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: