View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandion

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Round trip to Glacier Bay Reply with quote

Fellow Brats, I am taking my boat, Osprey, to Glacier Bay (and hopefully back), from the Seattle area. Iíve been on the water now since May 31, and have logged 652.6 NM. Hoping to be in Prince Rupert Tuesday, and in Ketchikan by the 13thóDixon Entrance conditions permitting.

You can see an online account of Ospreyís travels here:

http://osprey-alaska.org/

On those fairly rare occasions that Iím able to get Internet access, I will be updating the website, and will try to link back to it from this site as well.

Iím in Hartley Bay now, waiting for the gas pumps to open, and itís been raining steady for two days. But man, itís pretty up here.

Thanks to all the Brats, so many of you, who have helped me prepare for this voyage over the past several months.

Andy

Andy Ryan

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Midnight Flyer
Photos: Midnight Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy. Blue Days and I are currently in Petersburg. Plan is to spend the next two nights anchored in Ideal Cove, and to do LeConte Bay tomorrow. After that, we may try to head towards Juneau, or over to Kake. All depends on the weather, and the mood. lol. Last year in June when I was in Desolation Sound and the Broughtons, it seemed early in the season with very few boats. However, we've already found spaces filling up in the Marinas in places like Ketchikan, Myers Chuck, Petersburg. There are spaces, but not necessarily with power & water, or with two together. We got into Wrangle the other day, and by early afternoon, the last spot was taken in the main harbor.
Anyway, maybe we'll see you sometime while up here. I have my AIS transmitting when underway, and for a short time after arriving a marina, or about an hour before leaving. MMSI 338131849. I don't think we'll go to Glacier Bay, with so many other Glaciers easier to get to. But that could all change. Colby
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, Great to see your post here, and it has been fun to follow on your website, ( http://osprey-alaska.org/ ).

Safe travels and will be following along. BTW, your writing is spectacular, and my friend from Gabriola (Silva Bay) wants to pass greetings back to the RCMP officer you met in Alert Bay.

Take care and travel safe.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

gary f

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, we will also be following your travel and enjoying all your pictures and write-ups along the way. Thank you for the knot tying demonstration.

Safe travel...thanks!

Gary and Colleen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: