Upcoming Sales Events

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Upcoming Sales Events Reply with quote

This might make for an interesting thread brought about by a Sale this Friday, 11/28/03, at Englund Marine in Astoria store for sure and maybe at some of their others too. Sale starts at 6AM and ends at 8AM. I called yesterday to confirm time and items. Basicly store wide with a few exceptions like crab floats and crab line, mostly low profit type stuff. Electronics and other gear is on sale with savings of 10% -20%. Some of you tuna guys could start tieing up feather jigs while the winter winds are blowing. My guess is that I'll run into Mike at the counter buying more stuff for the TyBoo. Kay better get out some fresh water for the vase with Mike at Englunds

If others hear of upcoming events that can stretch our boating dollars they may want to post them here.

Tim on the Lynn Marie

Last edited by Lynn Marie on Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Raven

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Raven
Photos: Raven
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim
I find my best technique on boat dollar stretching are non events..I'm without control in the events,but I will be there I'm sure..Also ,when is the Seattle boat show? Thumbs Up
Raven
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, Tim. I need tuna gear. Just when exactly is the Englund sale?
Lynn Marie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry I'm sorry about that. I went back and added in the date and day to the original post.
And Bill, This is a neat site and that edit thing is a great feature. Thanks for all the effort. It lets some of us dummies fix things before Everybody sees it.
TyBoo

C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the OK to be a little late to work Friday AM. Of course, I have to stay a little late to make up for it. Anything for a CBGT. See ya there. Don't tell Kay.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to Englund Marine within a few minutes of six this morning, and Larry had already spent more money than I have ever seen at one time. And Tim had his Walmart basket about half full. Myself, I picked up a few prcactical items and left for just over thirty bucks. Never did see Raven. He's either broke or smarter than the rest of us.
Helen O

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green My wallet is floating around the room, thinks it's lighter than air.
Hey, that was a good sale. The guy behind the counter was making me offers that I couldn't refuse on things that I needed. You know, important things like downriggers and tuna stuff. I think he might have been the owner, the way he was wheelin and dealin. So now I'm ready for tuna and blackmouth. Thumbs Up Thanks again, Tim.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he a tall, jovial old gentleman? Kind of looked like a skinny Santa Claus with no beard? That would be the owner.

That was a pretty good sale for Astoria. I didn't buy much, but it was almost 20% off. Those guys don't like to let go of anything, just like all marine outfits, so we'll take what we can get.

Good seeing you guys this morning, even though I was grouchy. Tim saw the new truck. Did you, Larry?
Helen O

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was still dark when I left Englunds this morning, Mike. I had to get out of there before I spent more money. Will check it out in the daylight when you have more time. Would love for you to take me for a spin around the block and see how that diesel works. That is if you don't mind me drooling all over it. Smile
Lynn Marie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure hope everyone did as good as I did. I was still there when Larry left but he had already spent more than I had planned but then he managed to get a really great deal from Paul on a Scotty down rigger as well as some cool looking tuna feather jigs. Larry, I hope the trip was worth it.
I didn't miss the new TyBoo tow rig since it was parked right next to me when I went outside to leave. Yes, Mike was still there after I was. I'm not sure what he wanted but he kept saying he did'nt need that much even though he wasn't able to leave and head for work. My guess is that he's had a terrible time with the withdrawal of not having a boat at home. I'm sure glad I haven't had to go through that and hope that none of my fellow C-Brats would ever wish that on a fellow member. We've all had so much to be thankful for and to not be there for a fellow member without their boat would just be unthinkable. Mike, I wish you well and would be happy to let you hang out on the Lynn Marie till Les gets the TyBoo ready for the water.
It was a pretty good sale all said and done as we all found stuff that it worth while to make the trip. Larry was certainly the C-Brat to make the longest trip but he also spent the most money and therefore saved the most on stuff he planned on buying anyway. After getting home there were things I should have thought about since the savings don't get much better on fishing gear than they were this morning.
It was fun to see fellow C-Brats at such an early hour and not be on a dock.
With money still in my pocket, Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: