The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Interested in a Port Angeles gathering? New downtown docks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Interested in a Port Angeles gathering? New downtown docks! Reply with quote

I've always thought my lovely little town of Port Angeles had great potential to be a C-Brat gathering location, but have never suggested it for one primary reason. The marina is too far away from everything. It sits beyond the shipyards, quite a ways from downtown, and is admittedly not very picturesque.

For those of you who haven't been here in a while - or ever - downtown has been steadily improving over the last 5 years or so. We've had an exciting revitalization of sorts going on, with excellent pubs, restaurants and great little shops coming to downtown. And finally...the City has recently taken steps to encourage transient boaters with new seasonal docks installed at the City Pier - right downtown. They yank them in mid-October, but while in the water - they provide excellent access to all downtown Port Angeles has to offer. Three minutes of walking and you're in the heart of our fun little city.

This is a baby step on the part of the City, though. While there is plenty of space - 700' of new docks - there is no power or water. Restrooms are available, but no showers. I'm checking out a couple options so y'all can bathe nearby, but as of now - it looks to be sponges, soap and water for those who care. Mr. Green

Given word on these docks has yet to get out much, they're all first come, first serve. However, after contacting the City and suggesting an invasion of C-Brats might benefit their revitalization efforts - they happily agreed to reserve space for us should a gathering materialize. We're a long cruise or drive for most folks who might consider attending, so guaranteed moorage is kind of critical.

It's getting late in the season for this year, but if this isn't too short of notice and there's interest - I'll happily spearhead a gathering for late September or very early October. Weather cooperating, we might even a cruise over to Victoria for the day, or wander along the Olympic Peninsula to the mouth of the Elwha and Freshwater Bay.

Speak up if you're interested! And, if the idea intrigues you but your plate is too full for this year - let me know that as well, and I'll get something going next year giving more notice.

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would like to try it. We must trailer our boat there. Parking our truck and trailer in a safe location is of concern to us. We would spend another 7 days or so on the water and it would be comforting to know that the truck and trailer are not messed with. Any ideas on parking? Thanks Will. Gary and Colleen.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short term parking for a few days is not a problem at the marina, and if memory serves - I think it's free or really cheap with purchase of a launch. I'll gather up the details. I've not heard of security being an issue there.

However, for an extended period like you or other Brats may be looking for - I've hosted a C-Brat tow rig or three at my place in the past. I'm about 15 minutes west of town, so it takes a little coordination - but I might be able to help out.
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have often thought about making the run from Victoria to Port Angeles and my favorite Halibut spot is on the way (well a 5-10mile detour). Keep me updated but the chances are slim I'll be able to make it with the family in full swing with school starting.

What about a Tuna trip? I see you have an Angler Smile
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Will, you are working on putting the northern peninsula on the map. PA is not that far, and have been in there a few times but not for quite a while. Last time I went, the docks were gone Shocked I would be interested, not sure I can spring it yet this fall, (I just got back from 40 days out and need to take care of some things, but I would not rule it out.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: