The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/16 - 08/18 - Bellingham 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks... my wife and I attended this gathering a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We had planned to make it again this year but our grandparent responsibilities have acted to preclude it. However, I’m now pleased to say we’ll still get up there for some extended cruising so maybe we will still see some of you on the water. Looks like we should arrive in Bellingham several days after the gathering has ended and then launch, provision, and organize, and then start cruising! We plan to play in both the San Juan and Gulf Islands, and hopefully spend a few days in Victoria as well. We’ll be in a maroon trimmed Venture model with an inflatable Sea Eagle kayak on top (if underway) - and proudly flying a C-Brats burgee! Hope to see - or at least wave at - some of you!

Rob (& Mary)
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Gypsy, there are no group plans as yet--and may not be--but on this vacation I'd like to scoot up to Newcastle Isl. pretty quickly. If it's not too crazy-crowded, I want to see Desolation Sound, and have dinner at Blind Channel. Problem is, there's just too many cool places along the way, and it would be fun to poke around with others into Genoa, Montague, Ladysmith, Wallace, et al. So like catnip, I can get distracted. But if the wind is favorable or variable, that's the time to put some miles under the hull. I haven't been north of Powell River since our '05 Brat Cruise.

Rob and Mary, you very likely will see some of us out and about on your trip. By the way, I remember talking with you in Bellingham and hoping to one day get a Cape Cruiser like yours. Good to hear you'll once again be cruising the Salish Sea. I'd also like to get down to Victoria one of these days.
Lew 25

City/Region: Billings
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: CAT CLAW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAT CLAW will launch Wed. in Blaine for the opening of crab season and motor to Bellingham Fr. if sea conditions are fair. If not the vehicle will get there. Lew
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daydream's crew will supply sweet rolls, orange juice, and bananas for a Saturday morning breakfast. Also we would encourage anyone with a long table to bring it if you have room.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

teedidy

City/Region: Shoreline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnd wrote:
"NMI Factory Tour confirmed for Saturday (8/17) at 10AM."

My wife and I will be able to make it up for the factory tour. I have been a lurking and asking seemingly random questions for the past 2 years so it will be a pleasure to get a chance to meet some you. We have just finished our first year with our starter boat and are excited to take our next step. Beyond the factory tour I am not sure if there are any scheduled activities. After our C-Brats visits are done we are going back to school shopping at the outlet malls on the way home.

If possible we would love to visit with some of you and perhaps step aboard to get a better feeling and see what is possible. Time and weather permitting a ride on a 25 would be amazing, I don't want to inconvenience anyone so I am willing to bribe (food offerings, gas, wine or beer).

I have been in contact with the fine folks at Master Marine for the better part of year now also asking them seemingly random (but helpful to me) questions. I believe we are also going to get a chance to visit their showroom.

Originally we were going to bring the kids, but Grandma has requested them for the day so it is a win-win-win-win (us, kids, grandma, you not having to listen to them) Wink

As always, thank you for your time. I hope to meet as many of you as possible Saturday.

-Troy

Catman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, glad you can make it this year. I recall you in past years, and I couldn't miss your boat with eight inch tall "CAT CLAW" on your cabin.
Pat, thanks for including Saturday morning comestibles. That's really nice of you. I'll add some fruit, maybe cantaloupe, because people like that lots more than bacon and sausage.
Troy, after the Saturday morning tour I think most of us return to our boats at Squalicum. But some may tour and shop along the way. Regardless, after noon is a good time to talk to attendees about their particular boat.
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to this one, thanks Will and Brock for putting this together! If all goes well, I plan to hit the water Thurs night after work, not sure if I'll stay on the boat in Anacortes or make the run to B'ham if there's enough daylight. If Sunday is slightly calmer than 2016 (below), hope to depart early Sunday and see how far north I can make it into Canada and then spend the week coming back.

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all...two things.

First, due to circumstances beyond my control - I don't have a boat available - I can't make it. Crying or Very sad

Please be nice to Brock. He's running this gig solo now. Buy him a pizza, tell him you like his haircut, anything really - it doesn't take much with him.

Second, and the more important update: We've just heard from the factory, and they need to move up the factory tour to 9:30AM.. Also, they need to know if anyone needs a lift - so please respond here ASAP if you need a ride over so they can help out.

Have fun, C-Brat pals.

Catman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Will. Yeah, pizza's good, not much hair to cut or style, and it's the nose ring that I hope they'll like.

Now this: Ladies and gentlemen, the potluck is back by popular demand. Actually, it never left, and the plan is to get together on the dock Saturday at 5 p.m. Don't stress over what to bring, just something you think people will like. Cheetos count, and hot dogs are fun and easy when boating. We can use my butane stove. A very good grocery store is less than two miles from the marina. And desserts, they're always a hit. In fact, since life is short, some might even have dessert first. Hey, that would make a good boat name.

And just like a Carnival cruise, after dinner we have entertainment for your pleasure and amusement. Suffice to say, we're all the entertainers. A trivia game is planned, so practice up, and then--get this--a sing-along! I know what you're thinking, but after a few more sips of your favorite libation, we'll evolve from ravens to robins. Visualize Peter, Paul and Mary.
Cocktail
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to catch a ride for the factory tour! Patty may or may not go, but I want to for sure.
johnd

City/Region: DEMING
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: NOTAYOT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a sign up for the factory tour, or just show up at the Factory at 9:30?
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
I would also like to catch a ride for the factory tour! Patty may or may not go, but I want to for sure.

I too need a ride to the factory. Joanie won't want to go and will want to sleep in, as I'm sure she DOESN'T love the smell of fiberglass in the morning!
Catman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark from NMI has graciously volunteered to pick us up at 9:15 a.m. Saturday at the top of our ramp. That's about 200 feet west of the harbormaster's office, the showers, and such. We can talk about that with those who will be there Friday. For those driving directly to the factory, figure 9:30 a.m. at NMI. Also, if we want a ride back Mark needs to get us to Squalicum by 10:30. His son has an event he wants to attend. In past years I've walked leisurely back, as there's much to see.

I forgot to add that Reverend Pat can be subpoenaed for boat christenings should you desire.
Wood Zeppelin

C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Creature
Photos: Childhood Dream
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: I also need a ride to NMI Reply with quote

I will also need a ride to the factory tour. I haven’t seen the sign-up sheet for this event, nor for the factory door. However I am planning to be there In my 16’er

Current boats:

1997 22' Angler - "C-Creature"
1988 16' Angler - "E-fishn-C" (Project boat)
1997 16' Cruiser - "Wet-a-Net"

Also:
14.5' Drift Boat - "Wood Zeppelin"
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnd wrote:
Is there a sign up for the factory tour, or just show up at the Factory at 9:30?

I'd like the answer to this as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: