The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

22 Cruiser Power Increased??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: 22 Cruiser Power Increased?? Reply with quote

In a recent discussion (with a new dealer), did I hear correctly that the max power on the 22 has been increased to 115hp?

As I recall RedFox runs a 115 Yami - but we all know he's an Outlaw at heart anyway! (Does that mean he'll have to begin saving for a 135 or 150hp just to stay illegal?) Laughing

Casey
C-Dory Naknek
currently in Panama City Beach (as in Florida...)
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Power rating Reply with quote

You are correct, They have increased the rating to a 115 HP Very Happy . I believe most of them are the same weight as the 90 anyway. My new Cdory, will be equipped with a 115 suzuki. Along with a couple other updates that are pretty cool. I can hardly wait!! The end of january seems so far.

Sark
AK Fisher

City/Region: Eagle River
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to purchase a new 22 cruiser. The current website and the brochure I have still lists 100HP as max. Did they ever change the rating on any recently delivered boats?

Right now I'm planning twin 50's. But a 115 single with a kicker would be tempting. (Twin 60's would be even better!!)
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have delivered a number of 22s with the 115 Suzuki. The rating has indeed changed . The single engine is more efficient than twins [due to weight and drag advantage ], and with the new "max power" , the advantages I see is the ability to cruise at a given speed at a lower RPM and easier ability to plane with a big load . Trim tabs are highly recommended with a 115, as the boat will porpoise [or "hobby horse" for you westerners] with that much power . Suzuki 115 and 90 are identical weight on the transom .Honda 115 is way too heavy , Honda 90 is lighter than Suzuki . The new EFI Honda 90 should be a good match as they have trimmed the weight a little bit, added the V Tec valvetrain, essentially copied Suzuki's brilliant gearing , and gotten rid of those darn pesky carbs. Lots of choices . I am a fan of the single and kicker, but its all in what you do with the boat , and personal preferences.
Marc

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and before anyone else ask...... HOW FAST WILL IT GO??????

Yall would have to have been at the Pensacola FL gathering/show to appreciate that... Now.... slowing things down a bit... it seems that the folks up in Baltimore use to power several of their 22s with a single 50hp... for the folks that spent 90% of their time on the inland rivers... and those looking to keep both the entry cost and fuel cost down.... This is for sure a very wide range of motor options for this truly versital boats... It is simple... one C-Dory is simply not the answer.

Here here to the new standards, the new motors, and all our power options!! Beer Beer CoolSmile Thumbs Up
westward

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Steady Eddy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wefings: Please tell me more about the "new EFI Honda 90". I absolutely need to repower this winter. I have been waiting patiently for 3 years for Honda to update their 90, limping along on my original Johnson 70. I had settled on an e-tec 90 as an alternative. Tell me what you know re: introduction date, cost, weight, etc. Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: