View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leadbelly

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sisu
Photos: Sisu
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject: Magma fillet table mount & bar Reply with quote

I have a 2018 Venture 23 and a Magma fillet table with 7/8” dual horizontal rail mounts.
http://www.magmaproducts.com/Products/Marine_Products/Tables/MountsForDMTables/T10-580_DM/t10-580_dm.html

I want to mount the table on a rail on the top of the splash well, but can’t find a rail with clearance of at least 2 7/16” below the bar. The SeaDog grab rails don’t have the clearance needed. Besides making my own rail, any suggestions?

2018 Venture 23 “Sisu”
2019-2023

2007 22 Cruiser “Full 90”
2009-2019
Another_cdory

City/Region: Spokane Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Whoa Nelly!
Photos: Whoa Nelly!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Will,
This may not help your situation, but I modified the dock mount on the Magma dock table and installed it over my splash well (on my fish box). I haven't fished with it yet, so can't say how well it works. There are photos in my album. They may sparks some mounting ideas.
--Chelsea
Leadbelly

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sisu
Photos: Sisu
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another_cdory wrote:
Hello Will,
This may not help your situation, but I modified the dock mount on the Magma dock table and installed it over my splash well (on my fish box). I haven't fished with it yet, so can't say how well it works. There are photos in my album. They may sparks some mounting ideas.
--Chelsea

Great solution, Chelsea. The splash well on the 23 full height like what you’ve done. Definitely something for me to ponder.
Another_cdory

City/Region: Spokane Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Whoa Nelly!
Photos: Whoa Nelly!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will,
For the Whoa Nelly!, it worked well modifying the dual legs. The extra leg provided the fore/aft support like that of a gusset. The welding shop did not need to have the proficiency to match the bend, but only needed to butt-weld the z-bracket (for my application).
As mentioned, mine hasn't been tried while fishing. My table is wider (~48") and included the leg system, but maybe the leg assembly could be replicated or ordered separately for the table you own.
In any case, having another table has to be a good thing. I am always looking for a flat surface to store whatever is in my hand.
--Chelsea
rijenald

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Magma fillet table mount & bar Reply with quote

Leadbelly wrote:
I have a 2018 Venture 23 and a Magma fillet table with 7/8” dual horizontal rail mounts.
http://www.magmaproducts.com/Products/Marine_Products/Tables/MountsForDMTables/T10-580_DM/t10-580_dm.html

I want to mount the table on a rail on the top of the splash well, but can’t find a rail with clearance of at least 2 7/16” below the bar. The SeaDog grab rails don’t have the clearance needed. Besides best sunglasses for driving rail, any suggestions?

I want one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: