The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Table issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thechadmiller

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Agostino
Photos: Agostino
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Table issue Reply with quote

So, this is a random thing, but we left our table down in bench-seat / sofa mode all winter, and now the sliding wood piece on the bottom of the table is stuck so it won't slide to allow the hinged part to drop down.

I beat on it with a rubber mallet and got it to move, but it's still very tight and it'll require more hammering to get it back into full table/bench mode.

Has this happened to any of you before? Any idea of a way to lube this up a bit? How do you lube wood?

thanks.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the wood has swelled a bit - typical, with a change of seasons and humidity. Before trying to "lube" the wood, I would suggest you put a dehumidifier in the boat for a few days. It would be hard to get anything in between the pieces of wood, but you could also try a bit of furniture polish at the point where the two wood pieces join.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or since the table is removable, take the table someplace that will let it dry out.

On my '08 boat, the slider was retained by two runners. I just unscrewed it to remove the whole slider thing.

We never use the barber seat option and always have the table in the table position. I took the slider thing off to allow for under table storage drawers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: