View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene Morris

City/Region: Eureka CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Reef Madness
Photos: Reefmadness
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Need help on my TC255 Reply with quote

There are a couple things going on with my TC255.

1: Bilge pump: My port side pump is not working, I removed pump and tried to
make it run by direct wiring to the ground and power post. It did not work. Purchased new pump and wired it to exisiting wires in lazarith Would not work but did with direct wiring as before, Pump ran well. Used multi meter to test hot wire used with pumps, very low voltage unless I wiggled leads into stranded wire then it came up to voltage. I tested wiring from switch at helm and all was ok there. The fuse panel at the helm is very difficult to access so I didn't test it from there. I was planning on running new wiring from the helm switch to the pump. What is the opinion of those who have had to deal with this?

2: The Seastar steering will not keep the motors aligned and parallel. At times I need to manually align them. What is going on? I do have to add steering fluid from time to time.

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help on my TC255 Reply with quote

Gene Morris wrote:
There are a couple things going on with my TC255.

1: Bilge pump: My port side pump is not working, I removed pump and tried to
make it run by direct wiring to the ground and power post. It did not work. Purchased new pump and wired it to exisiting wires in lazarith Would not work but did with direct wiring as before, Pump ran well. Used multi meter to test hot wire used with pumps, very low voltage unless I wiggled leads into stranded wire then it came up to voltage. I tested wiring from switch at helm and all was ok there. The fuse panel at the helm is very difficult to access so I didn't test it from there. I was planning on running new wiring from the helm switch to the pump. What is the opinion of those who have had to deal with this?

2: The Seastar steering will not keep the motors aligned and parallel. At times I need to manually align them. What is going on? I do have to add steering fluid from time to time.

1. Sounds like the wire is corroded. You might be able to make it work by cutting the wire back to the non corroded part. Might have to splice in some extra if it won't reach the pump after cutting.

2. The Seastar ram end seals do wear out. They need to be replaced from time to time. They also tend to fail if the boat is left to sit for a long time. It is an easy job if you buy the replacement kit. You may also have worn seals around the piston itself. If you are repeatedly adding fluid then you have a leak somewhere. When you add fluid you need to bleed the system. There are videos on YouTube that show how to do it. The setup for bleeding that makes a loop is the best way to do it IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: