The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Another new member saying hi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim from New York

City/Region: Kings Park
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: MarTika
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Another new member saying hi Reply with quote

Jim here from Northeast hi to all. I purchased a new 23 Venture from Three Rivers in Florida. Im heading down in a few weeks to trailer it back to New York.(long trip) Looking forward to exploring with my wife on the coast and also excited to try the inland canals systems also hope to get up around the Canadian waters..
It’s nice to be involved with this group, I’ts great to know there is a lot of good information shared here. Any others with 23’ please drop me a line.
I’ll be posting any photos and ideas I have
First launching will be short shake down cruse on the St Johns River looks so inviting
Jim and Martha
Boat name will be JimMar
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jim and Martha and you will love that Venture!

This is a great resource and I encourage you to learn and share when you can.

A new boat is a great thing,

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jim and Martha
Congratulations on your new C-Dory. The St. John’s River will be a great place to explore. We have a gathering there every March. Recommend you launch at Ed Stone Park on HW 44 near DeLand. Great free launch with good parking.
I’m on a SCUBA diving trip in the Eastern Caribbean now but look forward to boating on the St. John’s again soon. If you have any questions about where to go contact me.

Again Congratulations......Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new boat. You're going to like it!

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congrats on new boat
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new boat! Tom and Joyce on Sea Otter are the ones to go to for info about the St. John's. We try and go every year to the gathering--and his suggestions to launch at Ed Stone is spot on. The better cruising and wild life is on the Southern (upper) part of the river. Either anchoring out, or at small marinas--hard to beat in Florida.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Martha and Jim, and Enjoy the new boat. You are going to love it. And this place, another great place to go. C-BRATS are a great group and everything you could every need to know about C-Dorys can be found here.

Welcome,

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Hi guys We have had a cc-23 (2006) model which is the c-dory venture 23 since 2008 . Finally getting ready to put in RV AC .We love the boat . I can run in 18 inches of water or go out in 2-3 ft seas . We usually get over 4 mpg with a Merc. 115 CT and top out at 35mph at 5800rpm It's sweet spot is 22-23mph at 4200rpm Great boat for keeping out of the weather .Enjoy you bought a Great boat . Hope to see you at Hontoon or maybe this Sept on the Erie canal ?? Jim
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Micahbigsur@msn.com

City/Region: Big Sur
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Sierra
Photos: Sierra
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sold our 25' Ranger Tug last year and drove to South Dakota and bought "Andiamo" a 2003 25 cruiser sight unseen from an add in C-brats. We have spent the last year restoring all her systems. Out with the AC, old windlass, small batterys, original Honda 135, VHF, bunk cushions and setee foam, battery charger, anchor and rode, water heater, fridge, stove, bilge pumps, and a lot of old wiring. We changed her name to Sierra, spent a week at the boatyard buffing her out and added an aluminum radar arch I welded up. So now we have a new Simrad 4G radar/chartplotter, a stereo, VHF with AIS, a ham/HF radio, a Bosch water heater, a completely new hd anchoring system , a from scratch camper back, a 370 watt solar system and a new Suzuki 200 and 9.9 and a REALLY great new Isotherm fridge and an Engel portable freezer. We this month we spent a week on lake Shasta for a shakedown cruise to see how it all worked ( I did it all myself except for the camper back). I love the new Suzuki 200 and the solar ran everything for 3 days in the rain. We had 3 problems and maybe you guys can help with a couple.
The 9.9s fuel line plugs into the the main fuel filter and is normally stowed away when not in use. After about 10 minutes of low throttle it sucks the bulb pump flat and dies? I know diesels but not outboards, most likely cause?
The Simrad depth total scan tranducer is mounted where the old Garmin was that worked fine, it won't read anything at over 5 knots, anyone know about these new transducers?
We brought a smaller Achilles, the smallest, 7'3", it has a lace on little motor bracket rated for 3 hp, at 1/2 throttle the prop pushes/flexes the motor forward to about a 45 degree angle with full pressure in the tubes, crazy bad design, I either have to fabricate an aluminum brace to added on studs up forward or buy another new dinghy.
We love our new C-dory, we have spent several months in the sea of Cortez since we sailed our old sailboat down in 2011 but wanted a boat in the summer in Monterey bay so we are hoping to trailer Sierra down to Loreto/Escondido next fall, from Escondido to La Paz is about 120 miles with many great anchorages but no gas is this doable with fully loaded cruising gear at a planing speed? It seems like I can do up to180 miles on a tank?
Thanks, Micah

1978 Folkes 38 SV Audacious (2006-2015)
Micah, KJ6GUF, Dana, KJ6GXG
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micahbigsur@msn.com wrote:
We sold our 25' Ranger Tug last year and drove to South Dakota and bought "Andiamo" a 2003 25 cruiser sight unseen from an add in C-brats. We have spent the last year restoring all her systems. Out with the AC, old windlass, small batterys, original Honda 135, VHF, bunk cushions and setee foam, battery charger, anchor and rode, water heater, fridge, stove, bilge pumps, and a lot of old wiring. We changed her name to Sierra, spent a week at the boatyard buffing her out and added an aluminum radar arch I welded up. So now we have a new Simrad 4G radar/chartplotter, a stereo, VHF with AIS, a ham/HF radio, a Bosch water heater, a completely new hd anchoring system , a from scratch camper back, a 370 watt solar system and a new Suzuki 200 and 9.9 and a REALLY great new Isotherm fridge and an Engel portable freezer. We this month we spent a week on lake Shasta for a shakedown cruise to see how it all worked ( I did it all myself except for the camper back). I love the new Suzuki 200 and the solar ran everything for 3 days in the rain.
(Some deleted).
Thanks, Micah

I won't try to answer any of your three questions, but your "Restoration" sounds like a great adventure in itself. It would make a great study in the cost of retrofitting and restoring a boat and be a fine instructional read for anyone considering doing such a project. Yours sounds like a full-out total rebuild without cost being a major issue, but that's just one way to do it outright. It would make a great story if you'd like to go though it on a separate thread, hopefully with some documentary photos and some cost figures! Thanks!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous

Last edited by Sea Wolf on Mon May 27, 2019 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Micahbigsur@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dana says I left out that we added a composting Airhead and Dana as a RN insisted I build a small sink into the head along with raw water foot pumps in the galley and head. We still need to add a water maker befor we go down to the sea of Cortez, has anyone installed one they really like?
Micah abd Dana on Sierra
Micahbigsur@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe, we sold our Ranger tug that had a big bank loan on it and ended up with about 60k in equity, we bought Andiamo for less than 40k. Andaimo had been on the east coast prior and that owner had the bottom recored with foam and the transom with cusa board. She also had a plastic not aluminium fuel tank so I thought it would be a good boat for an upgrade, which I enjoy, I have brought several sailboats back from the dead. So we have a boat worth maybe 60k and have spent maybe 80k all up but this boats condition now is a very up optioned boat that new would be over our no loan budget, so if we run it all over the west and Mexico for a few years as trouble free as a new boat it will work out for us. Dana has also added a lot of fifertex mesh storage all over inside so she will be really set up for long term anchor out cruising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: