The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New member saying hello

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fishcatcher907



Joined: 05 Apr 2019
Posts: 3
City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Legacy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: New member saying hello Reply with quote

Hey all,
New member up here in Alaska.
My first experience with a cdory was in 97 or 98. It was a 25 or 27 boat and a beautiful one at that. After that day Id always wanted one.
Fast forward 20 some years and here I am, back up in Alaska. Im no stranger to the ocean or boating. When I lived in Oregon I would run a 21 alumamweld off the Oregon coast. I sold that boat before I moved up.
The last 5 years Ive been launching a 16 drift boat off the beach and halibut fishing out of it. Well my wife wont have a thing to do with it! Nor will she let our 4 year old lol. I wont let my 4 year old in the drift boat either.
Id been looking for a 22 cruiser for awhile and finely found one in Washington! Weve purchased the boat and now just have to figure out how to get it here. But its ours and a beautiful boat.
I bought the boat from a friend of a friend and hes treated us so well. Our family is so grateful and excited.
Im sure Ill be picking your brains and asking stupid questions in the future, thanks for your patients.

Have a great day, Kris
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
thataway



Joined: 02 Nov 2003
Posts: 16577
City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the purchase, and where you live is the perfect place for a C Dory 22. Great to be involving the family early in the 4 year old's life in boating.

There are no dumb questions....

Welcome aboard!

_________________
Bob Austin
Thataway
Thataway (Ex Seaweed) 2007 25 C Dory May 2018
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sea Wolf



Joined: 01 Nov 2003
Posts: 8526
City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New member saying hello Reply with quote

Fishcatcher907 wrote:
(Some clipped)

Id been looking for a 22 cruiser for awhile and finely found one in Washington! Weve purchased the boat and now just have to figure out how to get it here. But its ours and a beautiful boat.
Kris


Jack in Alaska specializes in towing boats up to Alaska. Send him a PM or email.

http://www.c-brats.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=591

Congratulations on your new C-Dory!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

_________________
Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Salmon Fisher



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 553
City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From one fisherman to another, congrats on your new to you 22!

Great fishing and cruising boat that your wife and little one will feel safe on. I started with a 22 cruiser then up sized to 25 and just got an older 22 classic strictly for fishing so I don't mess up the 25. Both my wife and I are happy!

I drool over the prospect of living in Alaska with its abundant saltwater fishing resources.

Have fun!

_________________
Patrick and Kim Walker

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hardee



Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 9777
City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris, Welcome and best to you in getting your "new to you" up there. Follow that link Sea Wolf sent you. Good guy.

Curious, where in WA your boat came from. A friend of mine sold a Black Stripe 22 Cruiser out of Port Townsend to a second owner in PT. Turns out he sold it just recently and it is going to AK. Do you know the name of the name on the boat you just bought?

I'm already booked for the next couple months or I'd offer to help out with the tow up North. I love that drive.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon


_________________
Though in our sleep we are not conscious of our activity or surroundings, we should not, in our wakefulness, be unconscious of our sleep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tsturm



Joined: 01 Nov 2003
Posts: 755
City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: New member saying hello Reply with quote

Fishcatcher907 wrote:
Hey all,
New member up here in Alaska.
My first experience with a cdory was in 97 or 98. It was a 25 or 27 boat and a beautiful one at that. After that day Id always wanted one.
Fast forward 20 some years and here I am, back up in Alaska. Im no stranger to the ocean or boating. When I lived in Oregon I would run a 21 alumamweld off the Oregon coast. I sold that boat before I moved up.
The last 5 years Ive been launching a 16 drift boat off the beach and halibut fishing out of it. Well my wife wont have a thing to do with it! Nor will she let our 4 year old lol. I wont let my 4 year old in the drift boat either.
Id been looking for a 22 cruiser for awhile and finely found one in Washington! Weve purchased the boat and now just have to figure out how to get it here. But its ours and a beautiful boat.
I bought the boat from a friend of a friend and hes treated us so well. Our family is so grateful and excited.
Im sure Ill be picking your brains and asking stupid questions in the future, thanks for your patients.

Have a great day, Kris


Fantastic & Welcome, you are going to love it!! Mr. Green Beer
Get in touch with lynden transport they barge seattle to Anc every week?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chromer



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Posts: 859
City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: CHECKPOINT II
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New member saying hello Reply with quote

Fishcatcher907 wrote:
The last 5 years Ive been launching a 16 drift boat off the beach and halibut fishing out of it.


You sound like a rugged individual. Welcome

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
South of Heaven



Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 1296
City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group.
_________________
<><><> Jason <><><>

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Robert H. Wilkinson



Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 905
City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Robert H. (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris, welcome and congrats on the new boat.

Jason, congrats on the new real estate! Mr. Green

Regards,

Rob

_________________
Talk to me and I will listen-- but if its not about boats or fishing all I will hear is bla,bla,bla,yada,yada,zzzzzzzz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fishcatcher907



Joined: 05 Apr 2019
Posts: 3
City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Legacy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
Kris, Welcome and best to you in getting your "new to you" up there. Follow that link Sea Wolf sent you. Good guy.

Curious, where in WA your boat came from. A friend of mine sold a Black Stripe 22 Cruiser out of Port Townsend to a second owner in PT. Turns out he sold it just recently and it is going to AK. Do you know the name of the name on the boat you just bought?

I'm already booked for the next couple months or I'd offer to help out with the tow up North. I love that drive.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
The boat use to live here in Soldotna, but they moved south last fall. Turns out he didnt love it on the Columbia, and for good reason. I dont believe I personally know the seller, though Im sure weve met before. We both work in the Arctic together.

_________________
Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MikeR



Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Posts: 412
City/Region: Mill Creek
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2016
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Big-C
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert H. Wilkinson wrote:
Kris, welcome and congrats on the new boat.

Jason, congrats on the new real estate! Mr. Green

Regards,

Rob


Hear, hear, congrats to both! And Jason just think, if you maintain your streak, in a few more years you can start all over with another 16' C-Dory, as a dinghy to your 60' motor yacht! Or at least maybe a 14?


_________________
22' C-Dory Cruiser "Big C"
16' C-Dory Angler "Lil'C" (Sold May 2017)
10' C-Dory Row Boat "Baby C"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparkle



Joined: 29 Aug 2017
Posts: 10
City/Region: comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: " No Cry "
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! i am a fairly new 22 owner. bought a 2008 master marine in washington last summer. just getting to know it! its a beautiful boat.


jeff kizuk in comox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rbfconstruction



Joined: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 77
City/Region: huntington beach
State or Province: CA
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: new member saying hello Reply with quote

Welcome. This is a great website and has been very helpful to me. I had my boat transported from Idaho to here in HB California . Be sure to check references on whom you have tow. Also look into their insurance policy. I went with a known transport service and was completely dissatisfied with them. The price went up and they basically would not unlock the boat to me when it arrived without payment ($300 add for a different route taken) and the back tires were both beyond bald. Make sure they tow level. aaaaaand the boat was sitting crooked on the trailer too. Just my advice.
again welcome.

Richard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
     Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Page generation time: 0.0698s (PHP: 79% - SQL: 21%) - SQL queries: 30 - GZIP disabled - Debug on