The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Replacing Bow Hatch for C-Dory 25 - 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkendrick

City/Region: White Stone
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nickel 'N' Dymer
Photos: Nickel 'N' Dymer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Replacing Bow Hatch for C-Dory 25 - 2006 Reply with quote

I have water linking into the v-berth. While inspecting the problem I have discovered that there is a substantial crack in the hatch. Where can I get a replacement hatch for a 2006 - 25? Is it difficult to replace?
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey & Beth,
Give me a call. Replacement of the Lexan is straight forward and inexpensive.
757-477-1453

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lens of the hatch is available both from Bomar and from various on line suppliers. The sealant is a special silicone. Getting the Lexan lens exactly in the correct location is critical. Also local suppliers can make a lens--but it is critical where the holes for the dogs are placed.

One of the attendees at Hontoon had recently replaced his lens, and the hatch leaked because the dogs were not in the proper location, and the gasket was deformed.

The old sealant can be cut out with a wire or braid between two wooden handles. A few have replaced with safety glass--There are disadvantages to this in my opinion.

Lexan will scratch and can be degraded by UV. There are coatings which mitigate this to some degree. My boat has a thin layer of white Starboard over the hatch, and a solar water tight vent installed, which promotes air circulation in the boat.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Yakmandu

City/Region: Lake Lanier
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Miss April
Photos: Pops GO!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced my cracked hatch lens on my 2005 19 Angler. I emailed Bomar with the serial number I found on the inside of the hatch cover. I ordered a replacement lens, gasket, and sealer from Bomar. Followed the directions and the project was a success. Customer service at Bomar was top notch!
Yakmandu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yakmandu wrote:
I just replaced my cracked hatch lens on my 2005 19 Angler. I emailed Bomar with the serial number I found on the inside of the hatch cover. I ordered the replacement lens and gasket from Bomar, and the recommended sealer from Amazon. Followed the directions and the project was a success. Customer service at Bomar was top notch!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yakmandu wrote:
I just replaced my cracked hatch lens on my 2005 19 Angler. I emailed Bomar with the serial number I found on the inside of the hatch cover. I ordered a replacement lens, gasket, and sealer from Bomar. Followed the directions and the project was a success. Customer service at Bomar was top notch!

yakmandu, do you have the email address you used to contact Bowmar? I have not found the right place .... yet.

Thank you,

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Yakmandu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the contact email address... bomar@pompanette.com

Here is the reply I got when I first inquired. It was very detailed and complete. I highly recommend their customer service! Of course, you will need to provide YOUR serial number to get the right replacement lens.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Thank you for your email. I was able to look up the serial number number the hatch is an N1039-10A this hatch has a clear anodized frame with a smoked lens...the outer dimension of the base of the hatch is 21 13/16 X 21 13/16.. the price on a complete new hatch is $623.00 with a 3 to 4 week lead time. I am sorry we do not offer the lid only to any of our hatches. You can purchase just the lens, the part number for that is P2000-82-1039 with a price of $132.00 with a 4 week lead time.

If you do decide to order the lens only the product that we suggest using to float the lens is called General Electric Ultra Glaze our part number for this in black is P100-75 with a price of $39.00. We do also suggest changing out the gasket in our hatches every 8 to 10 years and the easiest time to do that is when the lens is out of the frame, the part number for the gasket for this hatch is P2000-09 with a price of $7.00 per foot. For this hatch you will need to purchase 7 feet.

To this email I have attached the instructions on how to put in the new lens and how to install the lip gasket for your review.

You can order what you are in need of from us by filling out and returning the attached order form or by calling Customer Service at 603-826-5791. You could also purchase from West Marine, Land N Sea, Defender Industries, Go 2 Marine, or Sailboat Owners.

Best, NELL

Best regards,

Bomar Customer Service Rep.
603-826-5791
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all that info. I don't need to replace the lens, but I would like to replace the gasket or "O" rings for the latches.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: