The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Anchorage AK CDorys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asuaviator

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Solstice
Photos: Solstice
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Anchorage AK CDorys! Reply with quote

Hey all I bought a cdory 22 cruiser this spring and have been getting to know it over the past couple weeks! For the most part it was a good faith purchase as it was still below freezing when I purchased so couldn’t start up the outboards or hook the batteries up. Since then everything has checked out except the wallas stove(throwing a blower fan error code) and wash down pump. I’m hoping to find someone local to come check it out over a beer and talk various things about these boats. Or I can come check out your dory just to see how things are set up. I know it’s not ideal but it’s just the way it worked out(past owner moved out of state). It would be cool to get to know more people in the boating community up here. You can text or call me, 602-708-0870. [/img][/b]
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Anchorage AK CDorys! Reply with quote

Asuaviator wrote:
Hey all I bought a cdory 22 cruiser this spring and have been getting to know it over the past couple weeks! For the most part it was a good faith purchase as it was still below freezing when I purchased so couldn’t start up the outboards or hook the batteries up. Since then everything has checked out except the wallas stove(throwing a blower fan error code) and wash down pump. I’m hoping to find someone local to come check it out over a beer and talk various things about these boats. Or I can come check out your dory just to see how things are set up. I know it’s not ideal but it’s just the way it worked out(past owner moved out of state). It would be cool to get to know more people in the boating community up here. You can text or call me, 602-708-0870. [/img][/b]

Polar Marine out of LFS in Anchorage works on Wallas stoves. They have been good to me. I'm not saying they are better than Scan, but they get it fixed and are really fast most of the time. Neither place will be cheap though I'm sorry to say, but you won't have to be pay up the nose for shipping too like we had to in the past.

I'm sure you can hook up battery cables - nothing to it Smile Washdown pumps....I hate them...they always clog, freeze up, leak everywhere, and just die an early death for me - good luck!

If you don't have the Lethcoe PWS Cruising Guide, and you are planning on boating there, you should get one - very good book! Anyway, don't go to Amazon or Ebay for one, because there are crooks selling them there for a stupid amount of money are they are available locally at Prince William Sound Books out of Eagle River for $67.

I will certainly go boating sometime in the sound with you - always fun to go with new people. Good luck with the new boat Smile
Asuaviator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info T.R! I’m already planning on pulling the stove out Sunday and dropping it off at LFS Monday! After this weekends planned trip using the PWS guide book you mentioned that showed up last week! Very Happy

I was lucky to get out quite often on a coworkers 26ft bayweld so I feel pretty comfortable out on the water. I always had a lust seeing the Dory’s out there for the wife and I without the first hand experience. I would love to get an armada together in the sound!
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asuaviator wrote:
Thanks for all the info T.R! I’m already planning on pulling the stove out Sunday and dropping it off at LFS Monday! After this weekends planned trip using the PWS guide book you mentioned that showed up last week! Very Happy

I was lucky to get out quite often on a coworkers 26ft bayweld so I feel pretty comfortable out on the water. I always had a lust seeing the Dory’s out there for the wife and I without the first hand experience. I would love to get an armada together in the sound!

Or come on down to Homer Wink Thumbs Up
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Homer too - great place to have some fun!
Asuaviator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We’ll be hitting up homer later this summer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: