View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgeorges

City/Region: Highlands Ranch
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: FRESH FISH
Photos: FRESH FISH
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Fishing the great lakes Reply with quote

Help!

After 8 seasons of fishing Lake Michigan, I'm still having problems finding buddies to fish with. You would think it wouldn't be such a problem, but it is. I fish from the south side around Portage/Gary, IN all the way up to the IL/WI state line (West side) to the Manistee area (East side); and all points in-between.

Their are plenty of Chinook and Coho salmon, Steelhead, Brown Trout, and Lake Trout to be caught from March to September.

If any of you C Brats live on either side of L. Michigan in the location listed above, or you want to travel to same, you are welcome aboard my fully rigged CD22 Cruiser: the FRESH FISH.

The best fishing of the season is coming up: Chinooks will be working their way up the rivers to spawn, and they offer us plenty of opportunities for a shot at catching these great 20 to 30 lb monsters ( I know you West coast guys will laugh at these size fish, but keep in mind these are fresh water salmon).

Please PM or email me if you wanna go out and catch some great landlocked salmon on Lake Michigan.

D

CD 22 Cruiser "FRESH FISH: 2018 to present.
CD 16 Angler "OPA": 2013 to 2019.
Vanadams

City/Region: Lebanon
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Osprey
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D,
I would join you if closer. I would like to set my cruiser up for fishing the finger lakes and Lake Ontario. Currently I have Osprey docked on Cayuga lake in Ithaca. I’m looking at rod holders then downriggers in future. I’m hoping to hit Lake Ontario in the spring for brown trout. May I pick your brain on learning this lake fishing? I’m a life long fly fisherman.
Best regards
Van
dgeorges

City/Region: Highlands Ranch
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: FRESH FISH
Photos: FRESH FISH
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to help you set up your boat for fishing. the basics are the same on any lake, the specifics and a willingness to be precise with the details is what catches fish.

Let me know how you want to communicate.

D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: