City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
After just a quick look, that boat seems to be of the "express cruiser" style, not a great cruiser for, say, doing the Great Loop. It just does not seem me to share much with what the C-Dory - Ranger Tug folks like about our boats. Of course, my opinion could change if I were to see one up close and persona, this is just based on the photos'

Pat, boat test.com on this boat answered a lot of questions. . I think that the photos are a bit misleading.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
CaptMac

City/Region: Amelia Island / Jacksonville
State or Province: FL
Photos: Blue Manatee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i do like the sliding glass door i don't really like the single front window and prefer the c-dory windows where the middle window can open to access the fresh breezes. Also, i prefer a single bow rail as opposed to the two bow rails for strength and looks.

Its hard to beat the look of a c-dory 22, especially with the high-top option, though i see this one is compared to a ranger 23.

http://www.floundergigging.com
Flounder Gigging Charters
"The Adventure of a Night-time"
904-556-0230 Cell/Text
chimoii

State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Chimo
Photos: Chimo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
23 venture to me is still the best in class. 2nd is the Marinaut followed by the 22CD. In the under 25 , do it all, low cost, fish and camp, trailer-able power boat that looks cute class.

I have to agree. We moved from a 23 Venture to a Ranger 25SC two years ago. I'm truly delighted with the Tug but occasionally wistful for the 23 even now. The twin 60 Yamahas were easy to maintain, as were all the systems on the boat.

I liked the Wallas better than the Kenyon alcohol/electric though the inverter/microwave/Wabasto combination is certainly a great "compromise". The Tug is certainly more complex but I did have to install a GI; the Venture having one installed at the factory. I don't trailer so no big difference there.

Would I trade back? Not right now and possibly not ever. That version of the Venture was rare. The new ones, though great boats, are not as completely finished for obvious cost reasons.

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing that video I would say that this boast falls somewhere between the cc22 and the ranger 23. Very little counter space to cook, not much head room in the head. I think I am taller then 3ft while sitting on the head..... v berth looks really small too. More room and performance then a 22 but less then the ranger 23 or the cutwater 23, which styling wise its closer too. But for the cost not a bad boat.
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback. I enjoy finding a new boat at the shows and trying to figure out what might be wrong with it. They all look perfect under the lights at a boat show!

A friend of a friend had one in England - I posted a pic in my album 7 years ago here - http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album1611&id=Jessies_boat&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php - not sure if it was the 23' model or not.

No it doesn't have the "salty" look of a Cdory or a Ranger Tug. Due to the curse of the elusive $$$ we cannot always afford the boat we want. If somebody wants to buy new - wants a 23' enclosed hardtop style cruiser - then this may be a viable option.

The 23' Ranger does feel larger inside, despite the extra 7 inches of beam on the Beneteau. I think perhaps the walkaround on the Ranger is narrower.

Tom, the head does have a real door but as on any boat this size it is tight quarters. If you look at the cutaway overhead drawing of the cuddy - I found that you would have to sleep on the diagonal as opposed to fore/aft or abeam.

Joe, that is a very clean Ranger Tug for sale there.

Bob, thanks for the link to the video it added some insight. I did have a bad experience with a sliding door on a houseboat once. It fell out of its track during high winds on our return trip. It probably wasn't much more than a patio door from Home Depot though. The one on this boat was much tighter and required a good push to open and close with a lock in the open position.

Regards,

Rob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: