The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

WTB Front and rear cabin window covers for Venture 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdory25

City/Region: Flagler Beach
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Shoal Mates
Photos: Blues Cruiser
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: WTB Front and rear cabin window covers for Venture 23 Reply with quote

It's all in title. Want to buy front and rear cabin window covers for (new to me) 2008 Venture 23. Either new or blue. Needs to fit snaps. Have curtains on the side windows. Where do you buy them new?
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2016
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB Front and rear cabin window covers for Venture 23 Reply with quote

cdory25 wrote:
Where do you buy them new?

The snap-on window covers are a factory option, so you might be able to get some direct from NMI. They make them right there at the boat factory. If the factory can't help, then maybe just take your existing side covers and measurements of the front/rear windows to your local upholstery or canvas shop and they could make some to match. Note that even if the NMI factory will sell them you they may not match with the snaps or fabric color exactly...there's been a couple of ownership changes since 2008, so your local canvas shop might be best option anyway.

-Mike

srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blues Cruiser,
I looked into this several months ago and found out what Mike stated is true. I had my local canvas maker do the job for me.
To aid the project, I removed one screw at a time from the window frames (two at the upper left and right and one at the left and right at the bottom of the frame. I replaced the factory stainless steel screw with a snap that has the same screw size on the back. I coated each snap/screw with TefGel, before screwing them in, to aid in elimination of possible electrolysis.
My canvas maker made a very nice cover for windows using the same model Sunbrella, that is everywhere else on the boat. She also made a cover for the back of the boat and a cover for the gas tanks. The cover for the back is the Sunbrella and the cover for the fuel tanks is synthetic mesh material, typically used to cover outside cushions on yachts. The mesh is the cream color of the deck trim, while the Sunbrella is green, to match the major trim color of the boat.
I will take and post photos...

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blues Cruise,
As promised, I took photos today of the canvas work that was done on the 26 and posted them in my photo album.
Steve Baum
Homeport of Portsmouth, VA
OSPREY (Ex Mister Sea) 2000 22 C-Dory 2010 - will be selling spring of 2019
OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: