The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/17 - 05/19 - Friday Hbr CBGT, 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I'm honored! I was lab tested recently and found to contain less than four per cent engineer. So the fact I can influence anyone on anything technical really turns my prop. Inducing even low tech's a thrill.

While some laughed at my choice, others politely said nothing in stunned silence, witnessing a mugwump stuck in the 60's. Builders NMI couldn't recall the last boat sent out the door sans electric. But after 3,000 hours in my 16' Angler, I found maybe two dozen times I wished I'd had electric wipers for an hour or so. I just don't want to turn them on and off 500 times when it rains, when I can reach and swipe every 30 seconds or so--like Monday's four hour rain cruise. But if electric wipers were as reliable and featured six intervals like my Suburu, yeah, I'd invite that aboard. But I hope you're as satisfied with yours as I am with mine. I recall Mark Toland and his dad preferred simplicity, and years ago influenced me on this.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
Pat, I'm honored! I was lab tested recently and found to contain less than four per cent engineer. So the fact I can influence anyone on anything technical really turns my prop. Inducing even low tech's a thrill.

While some laughed at my choice, others politely said nothing in stunned silence, witnessing a mugwump stuck in the 60's. Builders NMI couldn't recall the last boat sent out the door sans electric. But after 3,000 hours in my 16' Angler, I found maybe two dozen times I wished I'd had electric wipers for an hour or so. I just don't want to turn them on and off 500 times when it rains, when I can reach and swipe every 30 seconds or so--like Monday's four hour rain cruise. But if electric wipers were as reliable and featured six intervals like my Suburu, yeah, I'd invite that aboard. But I hope you're as satisfied with yours as I am with mine. I recall Mark Toland and his dad preferred simplicity, and years ago influenced me on this.

There was a mod posted somewhere here that allowed for installation of a momentary switch that would activate the wipers for one sweep. The OP had a button for each wiper. I did this but I used a double throw momentary rocker switch that is placed right near the helm wheel. Very convenient.

All you really need is a momentary switch in parallel to the normal switch for each wiper.
KFoote

City/Region: East Bridgewater
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Foote Loose
Photos: Foote's Rest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbor Reply with quote

Have we set a date for Friday Harbor yet?
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Friday Harbor Reply with quote

KFoote wrote:
Have we set a date for Friday Harbor yet?

By all means, Yes. May 14 to 17, 2020. There is also a Pre FH-CBGT Cruise, if you are interested, leaving from Coronet Bay/Deception Pass State Park, meeting on Sunday, May 10 at the launch ramp/docks and leaving for the cruise (pretty) early on Monday, May 11.

Here is the link to the 2020 FH-CBGT:
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=28075&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Here is the link to the Pre FH-CBGT Cruise thread:
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=28076

Follow those links and meet us there for current 2020 info. And please, come and enjoy the fun.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

KFoote

City/Region: East Bridgewater
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Foote Loose
Photos: Foote's Rest
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: 2020 Friday Harbor Reply with quote

Thanks Harvey
Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: