The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/17 - 05/19 - Friday Hbr CBGT, 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the CBGT in Friday Harbor next month. This will by our first C-Dory event of any kind. One thing I'm a bit confused about is whether we need to make our own reservations at the Marina if we have already signed up on the Events thread?

I called the Marina and they said they had 18 slips reserved, taking up most of H Dock and a few of G Dock and the fellow who answered the phone thought it was reserved as a group. However it looks like there are 33 names on this forum's event sign up list.

Should C-Sharp make it's own reservation?
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thechadmiller,

Definately show up even if it is only for the day. There should be an open slip for you on H-Dock and if not then on G-Dock. When you are close to the Marina call them on the VHF radio or landline phone and let them know you are with the C-Brats gathering. They will probably advise you to just take any slip open on H or G dock. They will probably meet you on the dock (or you can pay for moorage at the office or Kiosk) when you arrive. Tell them that you are with the C-Brats with a group reservation.

I believe you can also park on Breakwater A which is an extension of H-Dock for up to 4 hours temporarily. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this!

Hope you can make it so we can hear about how your travel was in the Islands and to find out how you are liking your new 22 Cruiser.

Gary and Colleen on DayBreak.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad, no problem and no reservation needed. As Garyf stated for docking, they are good about giving us room. Look forward to seeing you. Where are you launching put of? Obvious that will determine when you have to leave. Stay safe. Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thechadmiller

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Agostino
Photos: Agostino
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, we are leaving out of Anacortes. Not sure how long that takes to get to from FH and what kind of madhouse that is on a weekend day in May.
hardee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad, Anacortes might take you an hour, its about 20 miles guessing from memory so others may know better.

Then you have the option of driving down through Seattle, or go down Whidbey Island and take the ferry to Port Townsend then drive down101 to miss Seattle. I guess you could take 90 over the hill to Yakima and the go down and drve the Columbia Gorge too. Disgust Wink

You can make it any way. What's that old saying, all roads lead there from here.

Glad to hear you are coming into FH though. It will be good to see you two.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past whole docks were reserved for this gathering. Individual reservations were not required. So, when you arrived at Friday Harbor marina and contacted the harbormaster, you let them know you are with the C-Brats group and they directed you to the dock. Usually there were already Brats there who would direct you to an open slip. simple. Not sure if that is still the way it is done.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thechadmiller wrote:
Harvey, we are leaving out of Anacortes. Not sure how long that takes to get to from FH and what kind of madhouse that is on a weekend day in May.

It is about 22 miles from Anacortes to Friday Harbor. Once you cross Rosario Strait, you are in pretty protected water. Wind against current will make Rosario lumpy in a hurry, but that is the exception rather than the rule. The ferry route is the most direct way to Friday Harbor from Anacortes.

The time it will take you to get there will depend on the speed you choose to run and the conditions. It is a beautiful trip, so take time to enjoy the scenery.

Friday Harbor isn't likely going to be a madhouse in mid-May. Call for "the Port of Friday Harbor" on channel 66A as you get close, let them know you are with the C-Dory group, and they will direct you where to go. There will be plenty of nice C-Brat folks there to grab a line for you.

Hope that helps. Wish we could be there to see our C-Brat friends - best wishes to you all.

Jim & Joan
hardee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and Joan, We wish you were going to be there too.

As Jim said, time is relatve to speed. I forgot the Port of FH channel number. Thanks Jim.

Barry, you are pretty right too. No sure what the 18 slip thing is, but I will call tomorrow and confirm. Guess I need to look as the sign up list here too, so if you haven't taken care of that little chore, please do soon.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this was mentioned in the last 8 pages of this thread. The Anacortes Boat Show is being held the same weekend as the CBGT.

https://anacortesboatandyachtshow.com/
hardee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventeen, that's 17 days to FHCBGT.
Cool Cool Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Hug Love Hug Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Cool Cool

Hope to see you all soon.

Stay safe.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Bears said
Quote:
We will ferry and trailer to Pender Hbr/ Garden Bay and spend the next two weeks in Princess L and in Desolation Sound.

Four boats went to Princess Louisa a couple of years ago after the Powell River Get Together. I can give you some tips about what learned. Let's talk at Friday Harbour.

My plan is to spend some time exploring in the San Juans after Friday Harbour IF and it is a big IF my boat is running by then. It is getting new steering and new gas tanks installed, but at this time of year it is hard to say how long that will take.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
hardee

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandra, Sure hope to see you at Friday Harbor. I just spent most of the last week buddy boating with Steve and Karen on Sea Spray. Your anchoring skills were a subject of several discussions. They are not going to make FHCBGT this year but have good memories of cruising with you after the FH weekend. That was the year we were doing the DSC drills.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Fish Catcher Jim

State or Province: MI
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
As we are still in the research and planning state we look forward to all the longer videos of the annual meet ups.
So please some of you post some longer videos on you tube!!

Looking between 26 venture and Tom Cat. These two bring us more peace and joy then any of the trawlers we have looked at.

Thank You
Blessings
Jim
Two Bears

City/Region: Orofino
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Two Bears
Photos: Two Bears
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WALLACE MECHANIC NEEDED!

Getting Two Bears prep-ted for Friday Harbor I supplied my stove with new fuel and gave it a try. It won't start. Humming noise, lights, but gives up after a while. I don't hear the pumping noise. I've looked at the underside and don't see anything but I don't know what to look for.

I'm hoping someone with the right touch will be at Friday Harbor and will give it the evil eye and make it run.

Until then we'll cook on a camp stove and hope the weather stays warm.

Chuck

Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing happen a year ago. I called SCAN Marine and looked up some tips here. It ended up the fuel had thickened up in the fuel pump.
Advice from here and Scan was to get a small hair dryer and heat up the fuel pump and take a screw driver handle and tap the fuel pump.
For me, it worked! I really wrapped the fuel pump and that was Scan telling me to do that.
Hopefully that will do the trick for you. You can always call Scan and they will do some helping over the phone when you are looking at the stove.
Good Luck and see you next week.

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: